DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I went on line and am trying to register the glasses. I am having problem seeing with my right eye, for now. deal with that in an hour or so. I logged into my WiFi and for now the glasses are powered on and are out side as I have no idea how to acquire a GPS Lock at this time. Where is the **** SN? Please?

Would it be in the app like a phone?

I have done 6 updates. It just keeps asking me to do the same factory update over and over again. Then there is an app update. I cant see the screen icon to know what to do. Surely I am doing something wrong. Many things wrong, I think? Where to start? Asking you all for help please?

Everything works now. Have no idea how to switch between 2D/3D. Why are they keeping that a secret? After all I have read regarding these Epson's, I now look forward to expressing my thoughts about the BT-3300 but should probably begin a new thread. going to bed now and Ill be keeping my Glyth's.

Everything works now. Have no idea how to switch between 2D/3D. Why are they keeping that a secret? After all I have read regarding these Epson's, I now look forward to expressing my thoughts about the BT-3300 but should probably begin a new thread. going to bed now and Ill be keeping my Glyth's.

on the left side of the controller there is a button. When you press it once you can adjust the brightness when you push it again there is the option to switch to 3D.
But this is only supported by the Litchi app

Andy

Mine arrives Monday hopefully! Silly question: This sideloading of Go4 etc.. is this really needed? I see that Epson has a bunch of apps (also Go4) in their store, I assume the Epson App store is pre-installed? Just click n load?!

Mine arrives Monday hopefully! Silly question: This sideloading of Go4 etc.. is this really needed? I see that Epson has a bunch of apps (also Go4) in their store, I assume the Epson App store is pre-installed? Just click n load?!

No you can easily load the app through the EPSON app store however it might not be the newest one since EPSON is always a little bit behind but most of the time this doesn't matter.

Andy

if u want the 4.0.5 verion of the DJIGO4 app u will have to sideload.

So how do these work if you wear glasses? Suffers from OFS....
That is a great question, one I never asked anyone. Mine arrive late yesterday and it took me a while to get them set-up, a learning curve. Anyway, I wear glasses, near sighted I am, and I had decided to return these after 6 hours last night but, today, too windy to fly, I have been playing with them and they are not so bad, as I thought last night. Each time I wear them, they seem a bit better. I compare them to glyth's for video quality and the Glyth's are superior but, not so much so. (I use a 50" HD Monitor at 15 ft to compare video quality, using the cam in the Mavic, of course). As a manufacturer, I think Epson could have spent more time on the BT-300s Nose and bridge mount making it more comfortable to wear but, as I said, today it is a much nicer experience.

Reactions: rmcc
Thanks.
So the next question... Are they worth the money? They cost almost as much as the Mavic... And my luck when I buy t them DJI would release their goggles 31 days after I buy these from Amazon.. LOL

Thanks.
So the next question... Are they worth the money? They cost almost as much as the Mavic... And my luck when I buy t them DJI would release their goggles 31 days after I buy these from Amazon.. LOL

That is the question and,
I think I am ready to write a review as I see it, no pun intended but maybe should start a new thread for that? Ya think or can I do it here?

That is a great question, one I never asked anyone. Mine arrive late yesterday and it took me a while to get them set-up, a learning curve. Anyway, I wear glasses, near sighted I am, and I had decided to return these after 6 hours last night but, today, too windy to fly, I have been playing with them and they are not so bad, as I thought last night. Each time I wear them, they seem a bit better. I compare them to glyth's for video quality and the Glyth's are superior but, not so much so. (I use a 50" HD Monitor at 15 ft to compare video quality, using the cam in the Mavic, of course). As a manufacturer, I think Epson could have spent more time on the BT-300s Nose and bridge mount making it more comfortable to wear but, as I said, today it is a much nicer experience.

I just logged in and noticed your multiple posts last night. Sorry I was not avail to chime in some support. It sounds like you got the hang of it and things are starting to settle in. One thing to keep in mind. You will want to INITIALLY leave the BT-300 outside for a good solid 30-45 min on and in clear space for it to capture the initial GPS locks. This is only needed on the initial setup or when not used for an extended amount of time. After this initial GPS lock, all other times you turn it on, it will capture GPS lock very quickly just like the Mavic.

The nose piece from what Epson has said is bendable and you can change it if you are going to wear glasses to have glasses and the BT-300 on at the same time. or you could always get your own lenses to be installed into the holder they include so you don't have to wear glasses with the BT-300.

I think your experience will be positive when you start using it with Mavic outside and be able to see not only the Mavic's view but everything else including your remote and people around you, is when you realize this is a great tool. I know some people like the full black out effect but I personally like to be able to see what is still going on around me but have a very solid view of what the Mavic is also seeing. Play around with the brightness and dial it in depending on your outside lighting conditions.

Good luck and enjoy it's usage.

This is the way I see Mavic Goggles (or goggles for mavic is more appropriate) and the key word is "I"!
And have now tested (owned) 12 pairs. maybe more than 12. This is not about cost or money and if I used what I spent as a guide line, I'd get ill :)!
I want the easiest, fastest to deploy, easiest to wear, , most comfortable, with the sharpest, brightest and most clear image from mavic cam.

The way I "see" the BT-300 compared to "Box" goggles and the Glyth's, etc.. I can't touch on every aspect but, will try to tell you what I wish I would have known about the BT-300 compared to other box goggles and the Glyths including my use of the Cinemizer Oled.

I am tired of box goggles but, the very best Box Goggle visual (sharpness and clarity) are the Yuneec Typhoon Skyview. But the bottom of the video feed is "chopped off"! Go Figure! They had some mis calculations in their CADs is my guess. The Headplays would rank high while the Eachine Goggles Two were cloudy in comparison to HPs etc. And, I doubt a native of 1080. But cloudy for my eyes.

The cinemizer's were just a huge let down. I have been flying the Glyth's more than anything cause it's a fantastic picture and sound is great and, with peripheral view above and below. easy to wear, fairly light weight (Okay for me) but wear a hat brim in bright sun.

The BT-300 now with about 12 hours of constant playing with them. They get better every time I deploy them. I can keep my glasses on (nearsighted) The picture is good and getting better each time I wear them. They are a pain to use with the controller's Mouse and keyboard but easy to over come that using a BT Keyboard and mouse Seenda or other. Thanks to those here who taught me side loading. Macinfosys, He should be a teacher or, write technical journals for some huge manufactures. He taught me well . Anyway,

About an hour ago, I re-deployed the mavic with my glyth's. And, although I wish I did not need that big K1 for HDMI and, wish I could keep my eyeglasses on, the picture from the Glyth was just too spectacular. So much better for me to see. Their feel is good and in my view, my Glyth's still win, in every way, they just win. FOR ME!

And now for these BT-300's? Remarkable product. Just not for me. And, I have purchased every accessory I could find for them except the prescription lenses and will sell the lot or, return it all but that's such a pain: mavic mounts for RC from 2 different places and 2 other accessories from Rochester. Oh well. This is my take.

Avegant is working on a new technology. I wonder will there be new goggle from them?

This is the way I see Mavic Goggles (or goggles for mavic is more appropriate) and the key word is "I"!
And have now tested (owned) 12 pairs. maybe more than 12. This is not about cost or money and if I used what I spent as a guide line, I'd get ill :)!
I want the easiest, fastest to deploy, easiest to wear, , most comfortable, with the sharpest, brightest and most clear image from mavic cam.

The way I "see" the BT-300 compared to "Box" goggles and the Glyth's, etc.. I can't touch on every aspect but, will try to tell you what I wish I would have known about the BT-300 compared to other box goggles and the Glyths including my use of the Cinemizer Oled.

I am tired of box goggles but, the very best Box Goggle visual (sharpness and clarity) are the Yuneec Typhoon Skyview. But the bottom of the video feed is "chopped off"! Go Figure! They had some mis calculations in their CADs is my guess. The Headplays would rank high while the Eachine Goggles Two were cloudy in comparison to HPs etc. And, I doubt a native of 1080. But cloudy for my eyes.

The cinemizer's were just a huge let down. I have been flying the Glyth's more than anything cause it's a fantastic picture and sound is great and, with peripheral view above and below. easy to wear, fairly light weight (Okay for me) but wear a hat brim in bright sun.

The BT-300 now with about 12 hours of constant playing with them. They get better every time I deploy them. I can keep my glasses on (nearsighted) The picture is good and getting better each time I wear them. They are a pain to use with the controller's Mouse and keyboard but easy to over come that using a BT Keyboard and mouse Seenda or other. Thanks to those here who taught me side loading. Macinfosys, He should be a teacher or, write technical journals for some huge manufactures. He taught me well . Anyway,

About an hour ago, I re-deployed the mavic with my glyth's. And, although I wish I did not need that big K1 for HDMI and, wish I could keep my eyeglasses on, the picture from the Glyth was just too spectacular. So much better for me to see. Their feel is good and in my view, my Glyth's still win, in every way, they just win. FOR ME!

And now for these BT-300's? Remarkable product. Just not for me. And, I have purchased every accessory I could find for them except the prescription lenses and will sell the lot or, return it all but that's such a pain: mavic mounts for RC from 2 different places and 2 other accessories from Rochester. Oh well. This is my take.

Avegant is working on a new technology. I wonder will there be new goggle from them?

Thanks for the kind words Steve. I am glad you got to at least experience the BT-300. Everyones needs and taste are different. I never bought the Glyth but I do have the Cinemizer and I know what you mean.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic