DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Here's the message chain from my inquiry to Epson support.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
Subject
Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the ...
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Mark H)
04/05/2017 03:53 PM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Thank you for your response. I will let you know as testing of the updated app progresses.
Regards,
Mark
Customer By Email (John Tarr)
04/04/2017 01:15 PM
Dear Mark H.
Thanks for your continued communication. I remain interested in purchasing Moverio BT-300 Drone/FPV glasses, so keep my inquiry open and keep me advised of progress toward resolving the DJI Go 4/map issue.
Thanks
John Tarr
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Incident: 170329-000060] Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the ...
04/04/2017 11:25 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Thank you again for your interest in Epson products. You have not expressed and interest in further communication regarding your question, so I am closing this case.
If you have any further questions, please fill out another Web form.
Regards,
Mark H.
04/03/2017 09:15 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Are you still interested in pursuing this case? Please let me know. If I do not hear from you within the next few days, I will close this case.
Feel free to fill out another web form if you have any other questions about an Epson product.
Regards,
Mark H.
03/31/2017 11:08 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Are you interested in being notified when the revised App is released? If so, I can let you know. Otherwise I will close this service case.
Thank you again for your interest in Epson products.
Regards,
Mark H.
03/29/2017 02:03 PM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
It will be anywhere between a week to two weeks before testing of the revised App is complete.
Regards,
Mark
03/29/2017 12:00 PM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Epson is working with DJI to improve GPS mapping capabilities. A revised App is currently being tested. I will let you know when I receive any further information.
Regards,
Mark H.
Customer By Web Form (John Tarr)
03/29/2017 04:53 AM
Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the difficulty with loading maps for the installed DJI Go 4 app have been corrected.
Question Reference #170329-000060
Product Level 1:
Smart Wearables
Product Level 2:
Epson Moverio BT-300 (FPV-Drone Edition)
Category Level 1:
Other Computer
Date Created:
Last Updated:
In Progress

Any new comments/updates on the BT-300's ? Situation improved? I bought any, landing on Fri but, always prefer my toys work and they should, at least on the 2nd try :).

It still works great outside of the maps issue.

The Solitaire Ace 2.0 is really an option if you want to 100% black out the view. One of the main reasons I bought these over any other goggles is the fact you can see through and around them but still could see the DJI view 100%. But it is always nice to have options to add on.

Also this is the mount you will need:
Epson Moverio BT-300 DJI Mavic Mount

Here's the message chain from my inquiry to Epson support.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
Subject
Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the ...
Discussion Thread

Dear Mr. Tarr,
Thank you for your response. I will let you know as testing of the updated app progresses.
Regards,
Mark
Customer By Email (John Tarr)
04/04/2017 01:15 PM
Dear Mark H.
Thanks for your continued communication. I remain interested in purchasing Moverio BT-300 Drone/FPV glasses, so keep my inquiry open and keep me advised of progress toward resolving the DJI Go 4/map issue.
Thanks
John Tarr
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Incident: 170329-000060] Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the ...
04/04/2017 11:25 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Thank you again for your interest in Epson products. You have not expressed and interest in further communication regarding your question, so I am closing this case.
If you have any further questions, please fill out another Web form.
Regards,
Mark H.
04/03/2017 09:15 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Are you still interested in pursuing this case? Please let me know. If I do not hear from you within the next few days, I will close this case.
Feel free to fill out another web form if you have any other questions about an Epson product.
Regards,
Mark H.
03/31/2017 11:08 AM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Are you interested in being notified when the revised App is released? If so, I can let you know. Otherwise I will close this service case.
Thank you again for your interest in Epson products.
Regards,
Mark H.
03/29/2017 02:03 PM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
It will be anywhere between a week to two weeks before testing of the revised App is complete.
Regards,
Mark
03/29/2017 12:00 PM
Dear Mr. Tarr,
Epson is working with DJI to improve GPS mapping capabilities. A revised App is currently being tested. I will let you know when I receive any further information.
Regards,
Mark H.
Customer By Web Form (John Tarr)
Before I order a Drone/FPV version of a Moverio BT-300, please advise me if the difficulty with loading maps for the installed DJI Go 4 app have been corrected.
Question Reference #170329-000060
Product Level 1:

Smart Wearables
Product Level 2:
Epson Moverio BT-300 (FPV-Drone Edition)
Category Level 1:
Other Computer
Date Created:
Last Updated:
In Progress

I hope they are testing 4.0.5 version of the app. :)

Also I hope they start keeping up with the latest releases from DJI soon after they are released unless DJI incorporates the fix into their own future releases which my guess would be they probably will.

Ok so the drone version on amazon includes a shade but not the rochester version i understand?

I bought that exact version from Amazon which is the drone edition and it DID include this particular add on which is very nice to have and use:
BT-300 Sun Shield » Rochester Optical

The none drone edition just includes a generic grey dark lens to block the sun but it's either too dark or not dark enough. The other option from Rochester posted above is to 100% black out the view which is an add on direct purchase from Rochester.

I bought that exact version from Amazon which is the drone edition and it DID include this particular add on which is very nice to have and use:
BT-300 Sun Shield » Rochester Optical

The none drone edition just includes a generic grey dark lens to block the sun but it's either too dark or not dark enough. The other option from Rochester posted above is to 100% black out the view which is an add on direct purchase from Rochester.

On amazon (drone version) it just displays the dark shades and clips as accessory, no mention of the Rochester ones. We ll see what's in the package... Don't want the other thing for sure, no likey the snow goggle type of stuff.

Ok. I have heard serveral people in our FB group say it was easy. The instructions were straight forward. I had a difficult time, but eventually got it. They are a good quality product overall. I am very happy with them.

Ok. I have heard several people in our FB group say it was easy. The instructions were straight forward. I had a difficult time, but eventually got it. They are a good quality product overall. I am very happy with them.

Thank you for the reply. BT-300s arriving tonight, thus far, my favorite "goggles" have been the Glyths. Wearing a brem/hat during the brightest parts of the day, of course. Would you personally happen to be a user or familiar with/of the Glyth's? Gosh, there is much overall negativity here regarding the BT-300s! Then, some others, appear to enjoy them. The map issue might not be a huge issue for me. I am wondering are you happy with the contrast, clarity and sharpness of the HUD, please. Did you have a hard time setting up your BT-300s? The necessity of Side loading apps and so forth? If you side loaded apps, do you install the app on an sd card installed in the BT-300 and then do an install within the BT?? Was the DJI Go app already installed and if so, are you able to use any version of the Go app? So many questions I thank you for any comments. Do you leave the Solitaire Ace 2.0 installed all the time? If you have the time, please comment?

Your mavic mount arrives tomorrow also, lol. I have no experience with the Glyths, but have owned most of the fatshark lines at some point, and still do. As far as the negativity, people are always going to go out of their way to complain, and less so to compliment. The map issue should be fixed shortly. The screen is still useful for finding your way home. (Just follow the line) Setting up the BT-300's is pretty easy as people have stated previously. Side loading is rather simple. Lots of links to apps on our FB page for loading directly from browser. On the FPV version, the app is already pre-loaded. You can side load any version of the app. I do not leave the Solitaire Ace installed all the time. You can not carry your glasses in the stock case with the Aces' installed, but they do come with a carrying bag. Lots of questions and support on our FB page if you care to check it out.

Reactions: Guido De Spirt
I have been watching this thread for a long time but now I need to write something as well :)

SHORT VERSION:
I fly since several years 7+ FPV with Cinemizer, Fatshark, and many more brand goggles.
Since I have the Mavic I use the BT-300 and I really love them they are great!!!!

LONG VERSION:
As already mentioned since I fly for more then 7+ years FPV with goggles I have seen several different iteration of them. The Cinemizers with the OLED screen were up to date one of the best ones in terms of image Quality and clarity. I added those goggles into a ski goggle so the light is completly blocked out and gives the best immersion FPV view.
A few moths a go I received my first DJI Drone the Mavic and hated it to fly with a smartphone or tablet. Small screen lot of problems with the sun and reflection I never had back then with the goggles.
So I was very pleased to see the BT-300 from EPSON. Together with the Ace 2.0 I get the same immersive feeling as with my previous goggles.
HOWEVER one much improved point was the image quality which is just superb!!! It is a very clear image I can easily read the whole HUD and the FOV is just perfect.
And since im shortsighted I was really pleased to see that I can add some clips with some glasses with the Right correction. (-2.5 -2.75).
Since I'm a heavy android user side loading the app was a piece of cake. Navigate to the APK website on the Moverio and download the APK. Then launch the APK, et voila installed.

So if someone has any question just ask I'm happy to answer them

Andy
http://www.quadcam.ch

Thank you for the reply. BT-300s arriving tonight, thus far, my favorite "goggles" have been the Glyths. Wearing a brem/hat during the brightest parts of the day, of course. Would you personally happen to be a user or familiar with/of the Glyth's? Gosh, there is much overall negativity here regarding the BT-300s! Then, some others, appear to enjoy them. The map issue might not be a huge issue for me. I am wondering are you happy with the contrast, clarity and sharpness of the HUD, please. Did you have a hard time setting up your BT-300s? The necessity of Side loading apps and so forth? If you side loaded apps, do you install the app on an sd card installed in the BT-300 and then do an install within the BT?? Was the DJI Go app already installed and if so, are you able to use any version of the Go app? So many questions I thank you for any comments. Do you leave the Solitaire Ace 2.0 installed all the time? If you have the time, please comment?

I posted a reply to another person being concerned on the issues and wanting to wait for another version. You can read that with some clarifications. Also yes the Facebook Page has even more support and great people that can help with the usage / setup of the glasses. But really once you get them you just need to experience it and do a little reading online on these support sites and you will gather a LOT of useful info.

Here is the link with my brief explanation to another user on a few of your questions.

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Reactions: DVegaman
Thank you all very much for your patience with another newbie. I mean I've only been flying my mavic for about a month or two. Racing quads, building and flying them for 4 years, though. For me, I love my mavic pro !!! ! But, Goggles; I have tried 9 pairs throughout the years.. You guys all know this drill. Looking for the newest, best and most comfortable, easiest, best definition, etc... Presently, I use the Nvidia k1 and the glyths (wearing a hat's brim or flying with the Glyths later in the day at sundown)

I have read all your post/replies and not so sure I found the correct facebook pages, ( reading you all several times over) and, I know (I can tell) I will love these. So, I can't wait to get these, tonight. And no, I doubt the Mount will be here for several more days. I hope to cannibalize one of my tablet mounts so I can temporarily mount the BT-300 controller. Not sure about that, yet. But, I ordered that mount from 2 places in an effort to get it here, faster.

I've also ordered accessories from Rochester optical. Solitaire Ace 2.0 and that BT-300 Sun Shield.

Side loading: sound mysterious to me. I have concerns. Even after reading and watching video's (hey, I am dense) and am still unsure of exact procedures. For example, I can find the dji apk's and the Litchi apk's (Yes, I know about litchi compatibility issue) but, I am not so sure I understand how to use them, the apk's.. I know, once you know it is easy but, right now, it appears that when I do find the apk's, other programs try to be installed with them? Is that correct? Do I need a special apk down loader? I have installed dropbox on my PC and not so sure why I needed dropbox, though. Lost right now.

Having just a bit more patience with me, please, could you try to make me understand "exact" side loading techniques? I could beg for download links and that would really help, I think. What ever you can with in this regard will be appreciated as I go through this BT-300 learning curve.

Thank you all very much for your patience with another newbie. I mean I've only been flying my mavic for about a month or two. Racing quads, building and flying them for 4 years, though. For me, I love my mavic pro !!! ! But, Goggles; I have tried 9 pairs throughout the years.. You guys all know this drill. Looking for the newest, best and most comfortable, easiest, best definition, etc... Presently, I use the Nvidia k1 and the glyths (wearing a hat's brim or flying with the Glyths later in the day at sundown)

I have read all your post/replies and not so sure I found the correct facebook pages, ( reading you all several times over) and, I know (I can tell) I will love these. So, I can't wait to get these, tonight. And no, I doubt the Mount will be here for several more days. I hope to cannibalize one of my tablet mounts so I can temporarily mount the BT-300 controller. Not sure about that, yet. But, I ordered that mount from 2 places in an effort to get it here, faster.

I've also ordered accessories from Rochester optical. Solitaire Ace 2.0 and that BT-300 Sun Shield.

Side loading: sound mysterious to me. I have concerns. Even after reading and watching video's (hey, I am dense) and am still unsure of exact procedures. For example, I can find the dji apk's and the Litchi apk's (Yes, I know about litchi compatibility issue) but, I am not so sure I understand how to use them, the apk's.. I know, once you know it is easy but, right now, it appears that when I do find the apk's, other programs try to be installed with them? Is that correct? Do I need a special apk down loader? I have installed dropbox on my PC and not so sure why I needed dropbox, though. Lost right now.

Having just a bit more patience with me, please, could you try to make me understand "exact" side loading techniques? I could beg for download links and that would really help, I think. What ever you can with in this regard will be appreciated as I go through this BT-300 learning curve.

I will make it easy on the side loading of the DJI Go 4.0.5 app.

When you get the glasses, make sure you update the firmware. That is done direct on BT-300 in the settings. Once all that is done, you will want to remove the current version of DJI Go app that is pre-installed. Again go into the settings interface, under apps and uninstall that app.

Now you will want to install the latest copy of DJI Go 4 App.

On the BT-300, launch the web browser and go to this URL link:

DJI GO 4 4.0.5 (2021913) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Once there. click on the DOWNLOAD APK blue button. It will start downloading the app and put it into your downloads folder. Go out of the browser and open the Download app and you will see the app file you just downloaded. launch the app and it will prompt you that it wants to install. Install the app and you are good to go. You now have the latest version of the DJI Go 4.0.5 for Android installed on your BT-300.

Reactions: Maisum and BCMoto
I will make it easy on the side loading of the DJI Go 4.0.5 app.

When you get the glasses, make sure you update the firmware. That is done direct on BT-300 in the settings. Once all that is done, you will want to remove the current version of DJI Go app that is pre-installed. Again go into the settings interface, under apps and uninstall that app.

Now you will want to install the latest copy of DJI Go 4 App.

On the BT-300, launch the web browser and go to this URL link:

DJI GO 4 4.0.5 (2021913) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Once there. click on the DOWNLOAD APK blue button. It will start downloading the app and put it into your downloads folder. Go out of the browser and open the Download app and you will see the app file you just downloaded. launch the app and it will prompt you that it wants to install. Install the app and you are good to go. You now have the latest version of the DJI Go 4.0.5 for Android installed on your BT-300.

Got it! Firmware update first! Then uninstall their provided and installed DJI go app if one is installed, already!
Fantastic! For typing, do you advise the use of a BT Keyboard or similar? How do you type using this controller's pad? I suspect typing might be slow process on that BT-300 controller, yes? Similar to typing on my smart TV?

Thanks for the link, that really helps me greatly.. I have not anticipated a product so much (except for the Mavic pro which took 2 months) as I do these BT-300s.

Keep in mind we are HOPEFULLY going to see a new version direct from Epson
Got it! Firmware update first! Then uninstall their provided and installed DJI go app if one is installed, already!
Fantastic! For typing, do you advise the use of a BT Keyboard or similar? How do you type using this controller's pad? I suspect typing might be slow process on that BT-300 controller, yes? Similar to typing on my smart TV?

Thanks for the link, that really helps me greatly.. I have not anticipated a product so much (except for the Mavic pro which took 2 months) as I do these BT-300s.

This is what I use with the BT-300 when I am having to input a lot of content.
Amazon.com: Seenda Mini Bluetooth Keyboard W Touchpad for Android OS Windows (QQ-Tech Version): Computers & Accessories

This is also another great keyboard / trackpad combo but at a higher price and requires it to be on a flat surface.
Amazon.com: iClever Portable Tri-folding Bluetooth keyboard with Touchpad, (Connect 3 Devices Simultaneously), Ultra Slim Wireless Keyboard with Carry Pouch, Aluminum Alloy, Dark Grey: Computers & Accessories

Playing it safe, I purchased the Seenda. be here tomorrow. Love that Amazonian Prime!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

So, even if there is new version due soon, would you wait. Not sure I can wait but, would you?

Playing it safe, I purchased the Seenda. be here tomorrow. Love that Amazonian Prime!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

So, even if there is new version due soon, would you wait. Not sure I can wait but, would you?

Lol. I just checked the iclever version from Amazon and if I place an order in the next 43 min I could have it delivered by the end of TODAY ! Now thats quick!

A new version out soon meaning the DJI Go 4 App from Epson ? If thats what you are talking about I would not be waiting for it. I am looking forward to it but not going to wait for it. I am perfectly fine using the side loaded version that keep in mind does not have a working map view but everything else works like a charm. And the map view is not an issue since it is a visual issue and nothing else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_