DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EXP Settings

Falcon

Reactions
IMG_1884.jpg Hello

Not sure why but I only get to adjust the Normal EXP. need some advice

Same for me. Spent a long time on chat with DJI trying to figure out how to adjust other settings and the chat was just going around in circles with the person not understanding me, or the problem, or just not really paying attention

iPhone 6S

Same for me. Spent a long time on chat with DJI trying to figure out how to adjust other settings and the chat was just going around in circles with the person not understanding me, or the problem, or just not really paying attention

iPhone 6S

Crazy, I have seen many videos in that show Normal, Sport, and Gentle. Mine only shows Normal

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 5.02.08 PM.png

I can report adjusting to Falcons screen grab, as in only normal tab only visible. I was at the time adjusting from default .25 across 3 boards to .20 adjustment. When in the air sport mode defaults remain intact (.35 across the board I believe) and tripod mode is again back to .20 across the board that I set as the normal set up.

If you use the sport button on the side of the remote control, the calibration screen will swap to the sport setting. I haven't tried adjusting the Tripod mode, although the Mavic has to be in the air to switch to Tripod mode and I wouldn't adjust settings on the fly.

actually just checked and can see all 3 in DJI GO 4 app (Android ver. 4.0.1) as well...

If you use the sport button on the side of the remote control, the calibration screen will swap to the sport setting. I haven't tried adjusting the Tripod mode, although the Mavic has to be in the air to switch to Tripod mode and I wouldn't adjust settings on the fly.

Correct. Whichever mode you are in it will allow you to make adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: SussexBedouin
kind of a bad setup since you can't access tripod mode unless you are in flight...

Agreed, all adjustment settings should be available prior to flight.

In practice however, Tripod mode is calibrated well so no real need to adjust. I suppose you could just hover in a safe place and height and make the adjustments that way.

Agreed, all adjustment settings should be available prior to flight.

In practice however, Tripod mode is calibrated well so no real need to adjust. I suppose you could just hover in a safe place and height and make the adjustments that way.

Good to see this thread as I was looking to wind down the gains in Tripod; yaw is too fast for a smooth pan and I could do with washing out the stick sensitivity. Would be nice if DJI brought it back into the App. Does Litchi allow modification?

Thanks, Andy

What are the DEFAULT settings for EXP?

I went into this menu to look, accidentally hit the "Forward/Right" graph with my finger and the bottom number changed.

I don't see a restore to default for this setting, don't really know what that number means, and want to make sure the controls are as expected the next time I fly.

I set it to 0.25, which is what the two graphs to the left showed.

?

What are the DEFAULT settings for EXP?

I went into this menu to look, accidentally hit the "Forward/Right" graph with my finger and the bottom number changed.

I don't see a restore to default for this setting, don't really know what that number means, and want to make sure the controls are as expected the next time I fly.

I set it to 0.25, which is what the two graphs to the left showed.

?
KT, as far as I know 0.25 is default, correct.
Personally I have the rudder set to 0.1 to try to slow the yaw rate for pan shots but not happy with that as I think I need 0.25 for yaw co-ordination flying and an alternative way to degrade yaw for video.
OK?

Reactions: KiterTodd
Thanks @AndyT.hk .
Yeah, odd thing.... did a web search and the defaults weren't listed, and I didn't want to set allllll my settings back to default. that's happened before to me on the smartphone interface, accidentally touch somewhere and don't realize you just changed something!
0.25 for now it is... ;)

KT, as far as I know 0.25 is default, correct.
Personally I have the rudder set to 0.1 to try to slow the yaw rate for pan shots but not happy with that as I think I need 0.25 for yaw co-ordination flying and an alternative way to degrade yaw for video.
OK?

You can always switch to tripod mode when recording, can't you?

These is really no reason why you should need to change the above mentioned settings. ESPECIALLY if you do not know the effects of what all is being changed throughout the firmware.

If you have calibrated all aspects of the Mavic as you should do before flying the 1st time, and regardless if displays show normal, then you should not need to make changes in the Expo area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman