DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Fairchild Tropical Gardens, Miami October 2020

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Please enjoy my latest short video, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, in Coral Gables (Miami), Florida. Again, I used a combination of media, including Nikon DSLR (D750) for the timelapses, and the Mavic 2 Pro DJI drone. Editing done on Adobe Premiere Pro. 3:37 minutes with titles.

Fairchild Gardens is very close to my home so it is my "go to" practicing grounds. It is one of the world's best collection of rare palm, and other trees from all over the world, and is beautifully situated near Biscayne Bay, has walking rails, a buttterfly enclosure, rare orchids, etc.

I do have several questions. (1) why is my horizon curved? (2) why did this not fill the entire screen? I edited it in Adobe Premiere Pro, processed at 24 FPS.Image size. 16:9 instead of 3:2, video size 4K/24. color D-Log.

Last edited:
Please enjoy my latest short video, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, in Coral Gables (Miami), Florida. Again, I used a combination of media, including Nikon DSLR (D750) for the timelapses, and the Mavic 2 Pro DJI drone. Editing down on Adobe Premiere Pro. 3:37 minutes with titles.

Fairchild Gardens is very close to my home so it is my "go to" practicing grounds. It is one of the world's best collection of rare palm, and other trees from all over the world, and is beautifully situated near Biscayne Bay, has walking rails, a buttterfly enclosure, rare orchids, etc.

I do have several questions. (1) why is my horizon curved? (2) why did this not fill the entire screen? I edited it in Adobe Premiere Pro, processed at 24 FPS.Image size. 16:9 instead of 3:2, video size 4K/24. color D-Log.

So I am thinking those black bars that you have around the the Video cropped the picture and in doing so warped the video.
I think you render again normal without the bars that dont enhance the video in any way , it took up 1/3 of my wide screen you will have some great video again.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain/Snow

So I am thinking those black bars that you have around the the Video cropped the picture and in doing so warped the video.
I think you render again normal without the bars that dont enhance the video in any way , it took up 1/3 of my wide screen you will have some great video again.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain/Snow
I am wrestling with these black bar demons in every video!!! I re-size the image ("fit") to fit the screen but I still get either side black bars or top/bottom black bars. Is my shooting ratio incorrect? (e.g. select 16:9 or 3:2). I have set the M2 P to 16:9. The DSLR images fill the screen ok and so do the time lapses which are taken with the Nikon DSLR. Is there a setting in the EXPORT of Adobe Premiere? Very upset and befuddled with this and would really appreciate being corrected by anyone knowledgeable. This is also the first time I have noticed the curved horizon. My previous vids do not have that.

I am wrestling with these black bar demons in every video!!! I re-size the image ("fit") to fit the screen but I still get either side black bars or top/bottom black bars. Is my shooting ratio incorrect? (e.g. select 16:9 or 3:2). I have set the M2 P to 16:9. The DSLR images fill the screen ok and so do the time lapses which are taken with the Nikon DSLR. Is there a setting in the EXPORT of Adobe Premiere? Very upset and befuddled with this and would really appreciate being corrected by anyone knowledgeable. This is also the first time I have noticed the curved horizon. My previous vids do not have that.
Are you using the Scale to fit size on the time line. ?

Are you using the Scale to fit size on the time line. ?
You just lost me- I have no idea what you are talking about. Is there a You Tube that can help me? What is this called in Premiere lingo so I can look it up and study it. I fit size in the upper right window. I double click on the screen and get a blue box and I drag the corners in or out to fit the blue window to co-apt with the image size.

You just lost me- I have no idea what you are talking about. Is there a You Tube that can help me? What is this called in Premiere lingo so I can look it up and study it. I fit size in the upper right window. I double click on the screen and get a blue box and I drag the corners in or out to fit the blue window to co-apt with the image size.
Here are two screen shots of one of the clips. I simply cannot fit the image to the blue bounding box by dragging on the corners, hitting the fit button, etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.44.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.44.29 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.46.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 5.46.38 PM.png
    5 MB · Views: 6
Dale... Hope you get it figured out.
FWIW enjoyed your video.
Thanks Tom- Right now not much input from the forum. I have no clue. All of my others have been ok.

This video was a quick. I was really getting bored staying in so I went back to my favorite site (5 minutes from my house) and spent about 2 hours to gather the assets (timelapses and flights) for about 3-4 minutes of usable material. Then spent about 3 hours the same night at the computer, and finished it up today with the titles. and uploading to web.

Actually, the two flights were my very first ever WAY POINTS 2 and they came out really nice and smooth. (M2P).

Any suggestions would be welcome re: curvature of horizon and aspect ratio (16:9 vs 3:2)

Thanks Tom- Right now not much input from the forum. I have no clue. All of my others have been ok.

This video was a quick. I was really getting bored staying in so I went back to my favorite site (5 minutes from my house) and spent about 2 hours to gather the assets (timelapses and flights) for about 3-4 minutes of usable material. Then spent about 3 hours the same night at the computer, and finished it up today with the titles. and uploading to web.

Actually, the two flights were my very first ever WAY POINTS 2 and they came out really nice and smooth. (M2P).

Any suggestions would be welcome re: curvature of horizon and aspect ratio (16:9 vs 3:2)
Wish I could offer a suggestion, but I don’t edit with anything except iMovie to date. Best of luck in your quest.

Sorry this was hard getting a shot of, I had to use my phone.
This should fix any size issue you be having if your using Adobe Preimere.

I also noticed that when you are dragging the size you might be changing it ever so slightlly.
Use the Scale to Frame size and not the drag boxes as they can reshape if not careful.

Screenshot 10-30-2020 19.38.14.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Please enjoy my latest short video, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, in Coral Gables (Miami), Florida. Again, I used a combination of media, including Nikon DSLR (D750) for the timelapses, and the Mavic 2 Pro DJI drone. Editing down on Adobe Premiere Pro. 3:37 minutes with titles.

Perhaps you rendered your video in 720p?
Lovely video.

Sorry this was hard getting a shot of, I had to use my phone.
This should fix any size issue you be having if your using Adobe Preimere.

I also noticed that when you are dragging the size you might be changing it ever so slightlly.
Use the Scale to Frame size and not the drag boxes as they can reshape if not careful.

View attachment 116159
Thanks- I will give it a try today.

Dale

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Please enjoy my latest short video, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, in Coral Gables (Miami), Florida. Again, I used a combination of media, including Nikon DSLR (D750) for the timelapses, and the Mavic 2 Pro DJI drone. Editing done on Adobe Premiere Pro. 3:37 minutes with titles.

I'm sure you will work out any bugs. I still enjoyed the video. When we think of Miami, we don't usually think of anything out of the city.
Thanks for taking us out to the surrounding nature.

You might be surprised to learn that this garden, which houses the largest collection of rare palms in the world, has very few flowers, except in the green house, which maintains a high humidity all the time.
I am surprised to learn that, as I just watched a 3 minute video on those gardens. ;)

Seriously though, you have excellent regular (non drone) photography/videography skills Dale, I’ve seen that from your other pots. Far beyond the ability of most people in this forum. Story telling is part of the photography artwork. Whether you are going to the beach, or a wedding or these gardens, there are 15-20 (?) different scenes required to tell the full story of that event.

If you can tell me the story of these gardens just via your drone footage, then great! If not, maybe try mixing in 30 seconds (8-10 short clips) of iPhone footage, showing me a variety of palms and possibly the greenhouse.

Lastly, if you are just practicing your drone filming, you can save this advice for much later. For when you start making feature films and Netflix documentaries. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29