DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Falling Man Gold Butte National Monument

Great petroglyphs and flying. If you get out this way checkout Heiroglyphic Rock in the Superstition Mountains. Permitting was a nuisance and took a while, but well worth it IMHO.

Awesome! I have hiked there several times but never noticed the petroglyphs. Have you been to South Mountain in Phoenix? Its been around 15 years for me, but I remember seeing a LOT of petroglyphs in that area. It is close to and surrounded by city, but must have been a large native american site in the past. Also really large Chuckwallas with bright red tails on the larger rocks in spring and early summer. Thanks.

Reactions: Thomas B
Awesome! I have hiked there several times but never noticed the petroglyphs. Have you been to South Mountain in Phoenix? Its been around 15 years for me, but I remember seeing a LOT of petroglyphs in that area. It is close to and surrounded by city, but must have been a large native american site in the past. Also really large Chuckwallas with bright red tails on the larger rocks in spring and early summer. Thanks.
The area in the Duperstions is only 1.5 miles or so from the parking lot.
South Mountain still has excellent vistas from places like Dobbin’s Lookout, but gets very crowded an is a city park... so no drones :(

The area in the Duperstions is only 1.5 miles or so from the parking lot.
South Mountain still has excellent vistas from places like Dobbin’s Lookout, but gets very crowded an is a city park... so no drones :(
Too bad about the need for permits and no droning restrictions. Here in Nevada drones are allowed just about anywhere escept National and State Parks. No restrictions at Red Rock or Gold Butte yet. Way to many restrictions and government regulations imo. Less is better. But no doubt the walls are closing in on drones. 10 years from now???

Guesses at 1:04, a comet.
Wow, great guess. That did not occur to me. Skies there are super dark and Milky Way was about the brightest I have ever seen it. Ancient comets no doubt would have had long bright tails compared to modern skies. To me I thought it looked like a jellyfish, but that makes no sense. Comet it is!
Here are my best pics of Neowise taken with Mavic Mini on 7/18 from my backyard, not the greatest, but you can make it out.

Attachments

• COMET 7:18:20 BEST SO FAR.png
    COMET 7:18:20 BEST SO FAR.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Neowise close.png
    Neowise close.png
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads