DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Favorite use for Waypoints?

GaryOC

Reactions
When do you find Waypoints especially useful? In what type of shots or scenarios? I've seen a number of "how to" videos but they only explain how to use the menu options and record the Waypoints. They don't seem to apply them to any practical usage showing how it's a clear advantage over other methods.

Even if you can just link to one of your videos where Waypoints was especially helpful getting the shots, I'd like to watch it. Thanks very much.

Reactions: Camilobetan
My opinion is that the Waypoint function is not implemented very well by DJI.
I find using the Litchi app is much easier and more productive than using DJI GO4.
Being able to pre-plan and layout a Waypoint flight in advance by using their website maps to be much easier.
This includes pre-programing changing altitudes, camera angles and adding photo tasks as well as setting course(s) and speed.
The pre-planning website will also calculate an approximate enroute time and you can then estimate your battery power needs.
A flight can even be set up to occur autonomously and be periodically out of radio contact while completing all tasks.

Last edited:
Reactions: buddb55
I've seen one situation (not me) where a Mavic Pro was used to run regular inspections on the roof of a school. By using way-points, the pilot could produce a video that he could compare directly with the previous run to check for deterioration / defects etc.

When do you find Waypoints especially useful? In what type of shots or scenarios? I've seen a number of "how to" videos but they only explain how to use the menu options and record the Waypoints. They don't seem to apply them to any practical usage showing how it's a clear advantage over other methods.

Even if you can just link to one of your videos where Waypoints was especially helpful getting the shots, I'd like to watch it. Thanks very much.
I have the perimeter of our hunting lease programmed. The game warden said to call him if we spot anything fishy going down.
MUCH faster than the old days of “riding fence” duties

Excellent question,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu