DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming with drones totally banned in Sweden

Wow, glad I got to go this summer - had a great time shooting with P4. I also don't think it will last in this form. Too crazy.

They have determined that drones with cameras are the same as a surveillance camera and therefore need a permit to operate.

The Supreme Administrative Court has in two judgments found that a camera mounted on a drone requires a permit under camera surveillance law while a camera mounted behind the windscreen of a car or on a bicycle handlebar does not need permission.

You will need to translate the page...
Tillstånd krävs för kamera på en drönare men inte för kamera i en bil - Högsta förvaltningsdomstolen

Wow very extreme.. You know the drone manufacturers should play an Uber with the governments.. see how many countries tried banning that and soon it was overturned and working out.. What are Sweden afraid of ? What are they hiding that they are paranoid about surveillance ? Uhmm..

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I believe this was the high court. It has been categorised as a surveillance camera = illegal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Like I said - it will not stop news crews (both domestic and international) using them irrespective of whatever some court says.

This is quite worrisome because of the jurisdictional level at which it was decided and because many European countries might follow lead.

Public opinions in southern countries, like my own, can easily be manipulated in what regards to the words "privacy" and, most specially, "surveillance".

Here, in Portugal, we have a uncharacteristically efficient and quite powerful "Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados" (National Data Protection Committee) whose appreciations over any data collection and surveillance systems implementations are binding and has created serious restrictions over the enforcement of something as simple and obviously needed as gas stations surveillance cameras.

I fear what can come out of them if this contaminates our public opinion and they are asked to take stance on the matter...

WK

They have determined that drones with cameras are the same as a surveillance camera and therefore need a permit to operate.

The Supreme Administrative Court has in two judgments found that a camera mounted on a drone requires a permit under camera surveillance law while a camera mounted behind the windscreen of a car or on a bicycle handlebar does not need permission.

You will need to translate the page...
Tillstånd krävs för kamera på en drönare men inte för kamera i en bil - Högsta förvaltningsdomstolen

So this had no relevance to a drone operator doing stupid things?? So its just because it has a camera, it's classed as surveillance?? Wow. Soon they will change the law so that's its illegal to have a back facing phone camera.

So this had no relevance to a drone operator doing stupid things?? So its just because it has a camera, it's classed as surveillance?? Wow. Soon they will change the law so that's its illegal to have a back facing phone camera.
They seem to be cool with cameras that are in direct physical control of the camera so things like dash cams were OK. RC doesn't count as direct control so it falls under their surveillance laws.
Really snuffs out any business ventures there too. Crazy stuff.

If somebody is standing up on a hill and filming the people below him, it is exactly the same thing as if he was fliming with a drone.
Can you imagine what will happen if the ban filming with a smartphone??? Especially from smartphone manufacturers??? Like (Apple, Samsung, multibillions....). DJI is still a mouse next to these giants.

Guys read LuvMyTJ post again.

Cameras remotely operated (not by directly touching it) are banned.

A camera in a smartphone is not remotely operated. Same thing for a normal handycam, dashcam and so on.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
That there are other numerous and ubiquitous means to record images in public without the knowledge, much less consent, of those being filmed should, precisely, be the argumentative course of action for an appeal by drone hobbyists, should they organize themselves to do so.

I use a DSLR and I am sick and tired of being told I am not allowed to photograph in places where there are dozens of people doing it with their smartphones.

Now, if this decision contaminates other countries, will I also have to endure this kind of discrimination in a new hobby I am about to undertake?

Give me a break...:(

MK

That there are other numerous and ubiquitous means to record images in public without the knowledge, much less consent, of those being filmed should, precisely, be the argumentative course of action for an appeal by drone hobbyists, should they organize themselves to do so.

I use a DSLR and I am sick and tired of being told I am not allowed to photograph in places where there are dozens of people doing it with their smartphones.

Now, if this decision contaminates other countries, will I also have to endure this kind of discrimination in a new hobby I am about to undertake?

Give me a break...:(

MK

Maybe the Swedes are afraid this happening..when the nikon p900 came out.. funny thing the guys also copyrighted his videos.. sheesh..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy