DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters on sunny day necessity?

TheSlimOne

Reactions
I am pretty familiar with the DSLR side of the world. I don't know much about video I am assuming its in the same ballpark.

I was out on a perfect day in Texas. the shutter speed was SUPER high like 3200 if I remember right. I couldn't get it down much even dropping the ev to -3.0 I would much rather have that shutter speed down in the 60 with the Frame rate a 30? Seems totally impossible without having some serious filter, like a 32.

The video with the high shutter speed was not good, looked very flickery on the fences and such. I would never believe a 4k video would look crappy, but it did.

Am I on the right track. It doesn't make sense that you have to have filters to take a decent video. I guess its a fault of the sensor being so small?

Yes, you'll get the best results when using ND filters. If interested, you can find a list of commonly used ND filters here.

I am pretty familiar with the DSLR side of the world. I don't know much about video I am assuming its in the same ballpark.

I was out on a perfect day in Texas. the shutter speed was SUPER high like 3200 if I remember right. I couldn't get it down much even dropping the ev to -3.0 I would much rather have that shutter speed down in the 60 with the Frame rate a 30? Seems totally impossible without having some serious filter, like a 32.

The video with the high shutter speed was not good, looked very flickery on the fences and such. I would never believe a 4k video would look crappy, but it did.

Am I on the right track. It doesn't make sense that you have to have filters to take a decent video. I guess its a fault of the sensor being so small?
The filters bring back the adjustment capabilities that the fixed aperture takes away.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge