DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

finally went over to IOS

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
after flying for over 250 flights with my android device, i decided to bite the bullet and get a apple device at a very good price it is a Wi-Fi 6th gen I Pad 32GB and the screen size is about twice what my android was i have disabled all the apps not used by the DJI app,and purchased a good quality USB cable to connect it to the controller,i noticed that the lay out of the screen , is different to the android one and i am able to see it much better with my old eyes.
i have seen that it is possible to stop the controller from charging the device and would be grateful is someone could tell me the procedure to achieve that i also got a hood to help with sunlight and it fits on my existing mount i did look at the crystal sky monitor but really could not justify the price when the mount was added to the price plus the screen was not that much bigger than my old android device i am looking forwards to trying it out in the coming days happy flying OMM

after flying for over 250 flights with my android device, i decided to bite the bullet and get a apple device at a very good price it is a Wi-Fi 6th gen I Pad 32GB and the screen size is about twice what my android was i have disabled all the apps not used by the DJI app,and purchased a good quality USB cable to connect it to the controller,i noticed that the lay out of the screen , is different to the android one and i am able to see it much better with my old eyes.
i have seen that it is possible to stop the controller from charging the device and would be grateful is someone could tell me the procedure to achieve that i also got a hood to help with sunlight and it fits on my existing mount i did look at the crystal sky monitor but really could not justify the price when the mount was added to the price plus the screen was not that much bigger than my old android device i am looking forwards to trying it out in the coming days happy flying OMM
Welcome to the club!

Reactions: old man mavic
To stop the controller from charging, tap on the remote controller icon in the top row in the app. This will open up the Remote Controller Settings. The fourth item down is "Charging Mode".

EDIT: Just noticed you have a MPP. I have a M2P but I think it is the same in the app.

Is it possible to stop charging my phone also from Mavic Air RC?
If yes, and i disable from ios, this setting remain when using android?

So the real question will be...........
After a few months of IOS, will you revert?
(Please let us know)
@Starz i hope it does as well as my old android device which i have sold to my friend who also purchased my PH3 ,never had any issues with it just wanted a larger screen mainly

To stop the controller from charging, tap on the remote controller icon in the top row in the app. This will open up the Remote Controller Settings. The fourth item down is "Charging Mode".

EDIT: Just noticed you have a MPP. I have a M2P but I think it is the same in the app.
@brettbrandon thanks for the info much appreciated

I have noticed GO4 app crashes while using my pixel3 for waypoint missions that I cannot constantly reproduce. Luckily the missions complete just fine with app crashes and the controller doesn't seem effected so I maintain full control just no video or map. If I restart the app the mission clears and drone effectively pauses so I have to use rth.

Has anyone noticed this on iOS because a iPad is on my christmas list because of this. I am hoping for some sales on past models for the holidays.

Never had a problem all the time I used my iPhone 6, so I think you will find it to be rock steady with IOS. Also I thought that the charging of the phone only happened with Android, not iPhones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu