DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse strobe kit for Mavic Mini

lowellton

Reactions
Good day. I just bought firehouse arc strobe kit And to my surprise the mount is not flexible and whenever i fold the arm it hit the mount. Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• 7E418C1A-AEDB-4284-9479-5E748BE63B67.jpeg
    7E418C1A-AEDB-4284-9479-5E748BE63B67.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
You can attach the light to the drone, minus the mounting bracket. The supplied 3m tape will keep it in place, even with the vibration that comes from flying. I have 3 attached firehouse strobes on my MA2.

Good day. I just bought firehouse arc strobe kit And to my surprise the mount is not flexible and whenever i fold the arm it hit the mount. Please help. Thanks
I'm using the same mount and the arm still closes with just a little bit of interference on that one side. If you notice, that one side with the lifting tab is not all that important and is only used as leverage to remove the mount. Just take a hobby knife and shave a little off the edge. Sandpaper would work also. Leave just enough where you can still lever off the mount with your fingertip.
IMG_2523.jpg

You can attach the light to the drone, minus the mounting bracket. The supplied 3m tape will keep it in place, even with the vibration that comes from flying. I have 3 attached firehouse strobes on my MA2.
It doesn’t come with the 3m tape. Now i have a hard time taking out the mount. And i notice lots of movement when It fly

I've purchased 6 of the firehouse arc lights and they all had 3m tape attached to them, so I made the assumption that they were all packaged and shipped the same. 3m tape is a very solid option if you already have some.

I've purchased 6 of the firehouse arc lights and they all had 3m tape attached to them, so I made the assumption that they were all packaged and shipped the same. 3m tape is a very solid option if you already have some.
The MM belly mount and light kit come from Firehouse already assembled, so the 3M tape has already be utilized. This setup just clips into the bottom vents of the drone.

I just trimmed my mount down to show you how it looks. I can swing the arm now with zero interference or rubbing.IMG_2524.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lowellton
Ok...now I understand your dilemma.

Reactions: LoganAir
Unfortunately i did not have it the bag. And i really have a hard time to take it off from the drone

I'm using the same mount and the arm still closes with just a little bit of interference on that one side. If you notice, that one side with the lifting tab is not all that important and is only used as leverage to remove the mount. Just take a hobby knife and shave a little off the edge. Sandpaper would work also. Leave just enough where you can still lever off the mount with your fingertip.
View attachment 108775
Thanks. Did you try to take the mount from the mini? Because i have a hard time taking this out

Have any of you contacted the vendor and let them know the problem. They should maybe redo their brackets
I am surprised that they did not address this problem before, are they even aware? Any purchaser should not have to re-model something they sell that they say works.

Thanks. Did you try to take the mount from the mini? Because i have a hard time taking this out

Yes, sure did. I actually remove it before storing it away for long periods of time and never have a problem. I suspect the more you install and remove, the easier it will become.

Yes, sure did. I actually remove it before storing it away for long periods of time and never have a problem. I suspect the more you install and remove, the easier it will become.
Kinda afraid to take it out and trim cause its really hard. Might mess up with the MM. but i will try. Thanks again

Reactions: LoganAir
Have any of you contacted the vendor and let them know the problem. They should maybe redo their brackets
I am surprised that they did not address this problem before, are they even aware? Any purchaser should not have to re-model something they sell that they say works.
i did contact them via msgr chat

Reactions: Torcan
Thank you for the feedback we actually adjust the mount to make it easier to take on and off, this increase in size looks like it made it catch like that which of course I can adjust, did not catch it as i was still using the first version which was a tad smaller, but we will make that correction and thanks for the feedback, we dont get better without your input, we are also working on a mount for the new Arc V which is encased and 1000 lumen now (see pic) which will also need to be modified but will be brighter overall...not that the Arc in it now does not do the trick

Attachments

• 20200702_175232-removebg.png
    20200702_175232-removebg.png
    2 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Torcan
Thank you for the feedback we actually adjust the mount to make it easier to take on and off, this increase in size looks like it made it catch like that which of course I can adjust, did not catch it as i was still using the first version which was a tad smaller, but we will make that correction and thanks for the feedback, we dont get better without your input, we are also working on a mount for the new Arc V which is encased and 1000 lumen now (see pic) which will also need to be modified but will be brighter overall...not that the Arc in it now does not do the trick
Good day. What about your adverstisement in your website that the mount is flexible? What i got is not flexible but hard plastic

Please note when its applied the clip ortion has to be facing the right way the body of the mini does taper ever so much that if you do it wrong, it makes it a little harder to remove. Our goal here is for it to NOT fall off and lose your light, we have seen other clips made for our lights that clip easy but were prone to breaking or falling off.

Please note when its applied the clip ortion has to be facing the right way the body of the mini does taper ever so much that if you do it wrong, it makes it a little harder to remove. Our goal here is for it to NOT fall off and lose your light, we have seen other clips made for our lights that clip easy but were prone to breaking or falling off.
Thanks for the info. Do have a video showing the right way to do it? Folding the arm with the mount, taking out the mount. That the user will not having a hard time. Thanks again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001