DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fireworks Photos (Not Video) Settings with Mavic 3 Pro

Reactions
I've been looking online for camera settings for Mavic 3 drone PHOTOS. Everything is video. Is there anyone who has taken photos of fireworks displays and have settings to share? Thanks!

I would think that they would be the same settings as you would use with a camera on the ground. You would be using the drone as an aerial tripod. Lots of sites on the web will give you that info.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Meta4
Here Its the same for any drone really. Although it talks about a Mini 3 Pro, my YT link is a good start. I have a Mavic 3 Classic. I'll be doing the same thing on the 4th, except I think I'm going to use a Night Mode video and snag some stills from that to edit in post prod. Otherwise- ISO at 100, shutter speed at maybe 2 seconds. shoot, shoot, shoot... Hope for the best, lol

Fireworks is one of those situations where an actual diaphragm is basically mandatory, although you can use an ND if you want. You need 100 ISO, around f/9 (depends on how "dense" or bright are the fireworks) and around 3 second exposure.

At 3 seconds most pics will be sharp, if you increase the time to 5 most of them will have trepidation, but depends on how windy it is.

View attachment DJI_0583-Mejorado-NR_LOW_RES.jpg

PS: Pro tip, put some black electric tape on the LEDs so nobody notices the drone and freaks out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64