DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

Everything will be fine, everyone will relax ... (except of course those whose settings are messed up and some things that worked before are no longer functional or available)

In my case this firmware update disabled the distance limit and multiple flight mode and the camera looked just like after a camera reset: 4K, 30fps, MOV, WB on Auto

Still ..... I've about had it with my Mavic. Other than being able to fold it up and stuff it in your wallet, there seems to be a firmware update every time u turn it on, the NFZs are larger than actually on maps, and the performance and stability is nowhere near my Phantom Pro 3. Half of the places I can't even takeoff with the Mavic, I can drag out my Pro 3 with no problems. And with the Mavic, u have no choice with upgrades. Do it or shut down cause u ain't flying. Totally disgusted given my personal prior experience with the Phantom Vision 2+ and Pro 3.
Did you perhaps get that knock-off Malik Pro from DGI?

'cause my Mavik from DJI has none of the issues yours does. None at all.

Of course, yours probably has some useless, weird feature called "Fixed-wing Mode" that my Mavik doesn't, but I don't miss it at all.

The latest update seemed to fix my missing shutter speed and camera info while flying. A full weekend of flawless flying...

I only had one app disconnect with my Android phone. Now that I'm on iOS I expect an even better experience.

Did you perhaps get that knock-off Malik Pro from DGI?

'cause my Mavik from DJI has none of the issues yours does. None at all.

Of course, yours probably has some useless, weird feature called "Fixed-wing Mode" that my Mavik doesn't, but I don't miss it at all.

Sooooo...., congratulations! So I take it every firmware upgrade, excluding the latest one, you've been able to say never mind and go about your flying. Geeez, you are blessed. And you've never been near but not really in a NFZ and faced with staring at a flashing paperweight. Consider yourself lucky.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
I did the .800 update over the weekend and now my video lags so badly I can't even use it. Should I try and revert to the previous version. The update went ok, it downloaded the geo update when I connected the mavic, but but now the video is horrible. Another odd thing is I used to get a airspace warning if I flew to the far end of a field I go to for testing but after the update I don't get the warning anymore

I think I'll try and revert it and try to update again. I had no problems the day before I didn't the update now it will jump one frame at a time with as much as a 30 second delay. I haven't updated my I1, P3P, or P4P yet and I'm going to wait for a while. I heard they were having video problems with the P4P also

Here's what I'm struggling to understand with all this nonsense..... if we are trying to "save" the idea of flying drones for everyone, why is everyone up in arms about restrictions anyways. Now before or all the attacks and bad mouthing begins, let me just say, I'm a huge advocate for owning the product I purchase and being 100% self responsible for adhering to safe flying standards set forth by the ACTUAL governing bodies, in my case the FAA. That said, I fully agrees that DJI is certainly digging its own grave with imposing limitations thru updates, especially ones that are far under our given GOVERNMENTAL limits. Purchasing a product and taking ownership of something just doesn't quite have the same meaning these days, most prominently in the software and music industries. There needs to be a change in thinking when it comes to goods and services. When money is exchanged and a service is rendered or product is purchased, I should be in full control without limitation of said items. Case in point, cellular phones, namely Apple products. I should have every right and ability to run whatever software and programs I choose on these devices as after purchasing, they are mine ! Not the case, however. It's seemingly transgressing into more and more industries each and every day. As with our DJI products, we have made the purchase in full, taking ownership of said product, therefore we are inherently the sole beneficiary and responsible party of said item. The unfortunate side to this, as with LITERALLY EVERYTHING in the world, is that no matter what precautionary measures are put into place, nor how responsible MOST of society will be, it's the age old adage of "one bad egg spoils the bunch". We're always paying for others mistakes and WILL always pay for that matter. Make it idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot. So I guess what it really boils down to is this..... What can we do to circumvent the fools from destroying our hobby and yet still abide by whatever REASONABLE (thats super important), limitations set forth by the powers that be? I wish there was an easy answer for all this, however it seems it will be a long and tiring road to traverse and that's not even saying it will eventually even be worth the struggle. But I can say this, nothing oppressive was ever defeated without a hard fought battle and many sacrifices along the way. Here today boys, we must decide what we will stand for and what is going to destroy us should it continue. I for one am taking initiative in my local area to educate and spread awareness about drones and their ability to not only serve as an amazing leisure experience but their industrial, commercial, and government sector benefits as well. Given the latest developments with registration and legality, I feel as though no time than now has ever been more important in the advancement of our passion. Let's make the noise and give the push that it's going to take to make drones great again!

Sooooo...., congratulations! So I take it every firmware upgrade, excluding the latest one, you've been able to say never mind and go about your flying. Geeez, you are blessed. And you've never been near but not really in a NFZ and faced with staring at a flashing paperweight. Consider yourself lucky.
Geez, don't get such a stick in your craw.

Man, jealousy is ugly!

As for NFZs, never had a problem because I check first and don't try fly in them. I generally support the concept, rules, and enforcement for NFZs. Yeah, I could get some incredible video flying over the runway at SFO, but it's kinda dangerous, and I really don't want to crash a 767 and kill anyone.

This forces everyone to log on to dji. It is actually a way of forcing everyone to agree to their terrible and legally questionable terms of service, including a reference to void them of being able to be sued, and giving up your rights to class actions.
They are only protecting themselves from people like the ones on this forum who ***** and whine about not being able to fly as high and close as they want to Class B, C & D airports.

Reactions: newnan3
Geez, don't get such a stick in your craw.

Man, jealousy is ugly!

As for NFZs, never had a problem because I check first and don't try fly in them. I generally support the concept, rules, and enforcement for NFZs. Yeah, I could get some incredible video flying over the runway at SFO, but it's kinda dangerous, and I really don't want to crash a 767 and kill anyone.

Geeeeeeez back at ya DJI. Just stating a fact about getting a NFZ warning preventing a takeoff when u know for a fact your not in one...... because I too check 1st and I don't fly in them either.

But simply implying that YOU could fly your Mavic across an active major runway given all the latest geo fencing implemented by all drone manufacturers tells me one thing.........you have no idea what u r talking about.

So, Just retreat to your safe space.......Man

Geeeeeeez back at ya DJI. Just stating a fact about getting a NFZ warning preventing a takeoff when u know for a fact your not in one...... because I too check 1st and I don't fly in them either.
Chuckle.

Well doodz, u b not havin a gr8 time, eh?
But simply implying that YOU could fly your Mavic across an active major runway given all the latest geo fencing implemented by all drone manufacturers tells me one thing.........you have no idea what u r talking about.
Nope. Don't know nuthin.

One of the things I don't know is, well, anything!

This sounds far more threatening that you probably intended it to :eek:
Hmmm ..... hadn't thought of it that way. My train of thought was that DJi will change the rules when you are unaware, like asleep .... or something like that.

Wow, I've been reading all the posts and scared about downloading. Bought the new goggles and when I was syncing them up with my Mav, the new firmware popped up. I hit installed and then for two days waited to get enough time to try them out. Goggles and new firmware first flight.....not one issue. Not sure what all these folks are complaining about.
If you use goggles then you have probably done the right thing for drone and software to work together on. I don't do googles .... so it's not for me.

Hmmm ..... hadn't thought of it that way. My train of thought was that DJi will change the rules when you are unaware, like asleep .... or something like that.

The answer is to not sleep. :confused:
Bit like that movie with Donald Sutherland called "Invasion of the body snatchers"

Reactions: grizzard
My only gripe with the latest FW(800) is that if I fly in a new area it will ask me to update NFZ zone, and if I use a tablet and don't have internet connection on it it's a problem.... And if I'm in an area where my 4g doesn't work on my phone (remote areas) then.... U can see the issue?

Reactions: grizzard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid