DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

I finally had a chance to do a few flights with .900 this weekend. I have to admit, I was really nervous at first because of some of the nightmares I've read on here recently. But I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised with how well it flew. Hovering seemed a little more stable than the last update, even in some mild wind. GPS acquisition time seemed maybe a tiny bit longer than usual, but I got 12 satellites and a good GPS lock within a minute. Did a compass calibration just to be safe, but other than that I just went for it. Overall, no complaints except the annoying NFZ warnings that constantly pop up. I wish they left the toggle for geo-system so we could just turn it off.

I just updated to Mavic FW .900 and Go 4.1.4 (Android 7.0, S7 Edge), and flew 3 batteries without any crashes, lagginess, or NFZ problems.

However, when in Sport mode, the gimbal seemed to stutter more than it had in the past. It was quite annoying, seemingly happening in a pattern, every few seconds or so while flying forward in Sport mode (didn't try backwards flying). Made the video in Sport mode somewhat unusable. I have had issues similar to this in the past in Sport mode, but with a much lower frequency, and seemingly just due to either wind gusts or the camera being pointed too far up.

Have you Guys try this.
1. Fly to 390 feet.
2. Hover for 10 seconds.
3. Descend down and see if the bird go's in landing mode by its self and you can't descend any faster then a meter ever 20 seconds. I am at .700 and saw this at .900 and not sure wtf it is?

Comments?

Best regards,
Steve

Have you Guys try this.
1. Fly to 390 feet.
2. Hover for 10 seconds.
3. Descend down and see if the bird go's in landing mode by its self and you can't descend any faster then a meter ever 20 seconds. I am at .700 and saw this at .900 and not sure wtf it is?

Comments?

Best regards,
Steve
No problem for me.
But you should switch off landing protection in the settings and also check the VPS altitude in your logs.