DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0300

Welcome to 2017. Not everything you read on the internet is true.....
And when my own kid tells me he finished his homework and brushed his teeth I double check.
Again I thought we were pretty nice about it simply asking if you were sure but that didn't sit well with you. No one called you anything and no one said it was intentional, people make mistakes. I have know idea how good you eye sight is or if you really know a 2 from a 3.

I personally believe you, now.
+1

Reactions: Dmbrody
I ordered 1/5 and got it on 1/17.

Looked up the firmware to double check and indeed I'm on .0300

Also didn't have to update any of my 3 batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 116
I got my mAvic from dji.com on Tuesday and didn't update anything. Everything was already updated. It was ready to go out of the box. Didn't have to do anything.

I ordered 1/5 and got it on 1/17.

Looked up the firmware to double check and indeed I'm on .0300

Also didn't have to update any of my 3 batteries.

Hopefully this update addresess some of the downward sonar issues. Anyone with the new firmware having any forced landing or the wrong altitude being displayed?

... Most people have left this forum and are on the dji forum where great info can be found. ...
Yeah right. Now that's croc and there is no way you could know that.
Personally, I have found this forum seems to have large pool of knowledgeable people. Whilst DJI tends to have a lot of newbies because their system draws people in when they first start out with a DJI product.

Ya I come on here to lie about firmware. No screen shot so it is not true. Give me a break people. Most people have left this forum and are on the dji forum where great info can be found. O and there is also a thread on dji forum that has to do with this updated firmware.

What I am tired of is people on this forum asking for pictures for proof of ones info. I know what a 3 looks like and was providing new info. But that info is not good enough. I must prove my info with visual proof or it is just not true. That's great that u had a chat with a dji idiot. But the fact is I saw the new firmware with my own eyes, shared the info and then some people must try to discredit the info provided.
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Wow. Just wow.

Are you trolling this forum or you are actually that sensitive?

Who specifically said that you lied?
Who tried to discredit you?

When pretty much everyone else in the known universe is still on an older firmware, is it really so insulting to ask for confirmation? Reading back through this thread its bewildering that you took such extreme offense and started hurling insults left and right.

Couldn't you have just said, "I didn't get a screen grab, but I'm sure of what I saw."

Life is not all about you. Have a little empathy. Don't you think people might be a bit concerned when they hear about an update they aren't getting on their $1,000+ machine? Don't you think people might want to double check? Should we all just bow down to you and never question any utterance you make?

Try climbing down off your high horse and join the rest of us peasants.

Back on topic...

I for one would like to know if this is standard operating procedure for DJI? It's almost as if they are testing a new firmware release on a subset of Mavics before a general release. All the more reason to wait a couple weeks after you get that first Firmware Update alert.

Got my MP this morning. First thing I did before flying was check the firmware on the RC and AC with the Assistant software. What's available on line is currently behind what was already installed (Both units came with 01.03.0300 installed). I ran several flights experimenting with the various settings and getting the hang of the differences compared to my P3A. I used Litchi for Android on a Sony Z3, Go4 on a Samsung S7 Edge, and Go4 with an IPad Mini 2. I didn't run across any issues other than the roll on the gimbal is slightly flaky and it doesn't always come back to perfect level, jury still out on that one.

How do we find out what is in this update. I don't think dji online chat was any help. Lol

Makes me think Dji has some important changes in 01.03.0300 and they want to make sure there will be as many switched over to this firmware as possible, for whatever the reason.

Makes me think Dji has some important changes in 01.03.0300 and they want to make sure there will be as many switched over to this firmware as possible, for whatever the reason.

I'm with you. Mine shipped to me with .0300, and knock on wood haven't had any of the issues that seem to be prevalent here. Could be related, could be lucky (so far)!

Hi everybody, I got the same version on my app 4.0.1: 01.03.0300. I use a Galaxy S5 (Android). Maybe iOS and Android don't have the same versions provided? One changing is in the Main Controller Settings. The name now is "MC Settings" and the menue is different. Before there was a menue point "Turn on Front LEDs". This one is missing now as well as some other features. My red front LEDs are turned off permanent since I installed the new version. On the DJI Help Desk they recommend to send back the drone. Thy confirmed that the LEDs should always be ON except you change that in the Photo/Video Settings while shooting.

What I am tired of is people on this forum asking for pictures for proof of ones info. I know what a 3 looks like and was providing new info. But that info is not good enough. I must prove my info with visual proof or it is just not true. That's great that u had a chat with a dji idiot. But the fact is I saw the new firmware with my own eyes, shared the info and then some people must try to discredit the info provided.

Yikes

New mavics being shipped with updated firmware. I guess we get another update to install soon.

If you connect via DJI Assistant 2 you should get the update. Wonder why DJI hasn't said anything about it. It's a lengthy update.

agreed! No one else has come forward to say they also have it.
I do. From time to time you should all use DJI Assistant 2 to check for updates. Might want to try that next time before you imply someone is a liar.

I can see the OP point. We are on a forum with a common interest. He gave good info that many people have been waiting for. He was not guessing. He saw the update personally. From there we should try to find out what is in the update not try to find a way to say he is wrong.

Mine unit came from BB on Thursday. It did not have the latest firmware mentioned here for some reason, but the moment I was online it prompted me to upgrade. Bigger issues in life not sure one would try to chastise another on a forum about firmware versions.

I have never used assistant 2 so I think I will wait for the good old wifi update. If I do attempt the computer update is there an update for aircraft and RC?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness