DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

I unfortunately am stuck in the same loop I've been in since getting the Mavic. I have never had a firmware take. The RC will, but the mavic just fails each and every time. I had restored factory defaults, I've tried with the app, I'm now using the assistant. Literally just failed again while I was typing this message. There goes attempt 3. What am I doing wrong?

When using the Assistant, try another cable? But if the wireless update failed also then you might have a problem..

Opps, did not see your answer _milo_ :)

Hi, I tried the update option from the DJI Go app yesterday and both MP/RC updated fine in one sweep. It took a good 15mins. I will try to calibrate the compass whenever I find a good open field before I fly.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Just wanted to check...
I'm reading how I should update my batteries also when updating my firmware, but DJI Go 4 is not giving me a prompt to do so like it should be doing from what I'm reading. Is this correct?

From forum.dji.com on the new Mavic FW: "D-Log now looks really, really good. The dynamic range has DEFINITELY been increased, as advertised! I couldn't believe how "far" I was able to push some of the sliders in post with today's footage on firmware .0400."

Sounds good!

Just wanted to check...
I'm reading how I should update my batteries also when updating my firmware, but DJI Go 4 is not giving me a prompt to do so like it should be doing from what I'm reading. Is this correct?

It will only prompt you if there is an update included for the batteries .. the latest upgrade does not contain a battery update so you are good to go once you have completed the upgrade.

Updated yesterday in less than 10 minutes total. Did not calibrate compass or anything, just took a 15 minute flight at night without a single issue. Very stable. Most of my previous settings (camera, RTH alt. etc.) were kept, exception was Sport mode selecting in app (wasn't enabled) and max height, which I switched off again.

P.S.: Still flying on GO3 for now.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm pretty impressed with DJI and the firmware upgrade process.

I started the update via the DJI Assistant. It was taking forever. After almost half an hour it was only showing 43% complete with the last battery light flashing. I powered the Mavic off to switch out the battery. This was against my better judgement. I was prepared to restart everything and see that my Mavic was bricked. Just like when my Typhoon H lost shutdown on its own (full battery). Plugging it back in with a fresh pack, it picked up at 38% I was pleasantly surprised. After about 10 minutes, I saw is was only back to 43%.... I figured there must be something wrong. My network and computer were fine based on running some command line tools...

I powered the Mavic off and decided to try using the Go 4 App. Hooked it all up and started the process. Less than 15 minutes later the upgrade was complete. Power cycled everything and took it outside for a quick check-out. Everything is working as it should. Afterwards I did see I was using the .8 version of Assistant and that there was a version .9....

One thing I noticed on manual landing is it would do what it normally does with one minor change. Usually it will descend to about 16" off the ground, come to a momentary stop, then continue to land. This evening it did that but when it got to about 6" off the ground it stopped again, hovered for a couple seconds then landed. It did this 3 of the 4 times I tested the landing. It was in the evening and pretty dark out, so I don't know if that had any affect on it... Will fully test it later today....

But overall very happy with how fool-proof the upgrade process is...

Reactions: digitalbar
Updated this morning while at work in my office via DJI GO 4 app version 4.0.4 and ipad mini 2 iOS 10.2.1. Entire process took approx. 17 minutes; no hang ups or errors; and no update for battery currently on Mavic...but we'll see after I connect my 3 spares. Rebooted everything and all looks good with the exception that my Return-to-Home Altitude reset.

I haven't flown yet, but I did test the C2 + right wheel to adjust gimbal roll and it worked as it should. Before update, performing that combination action would adjust gimbal roll AND adjust EV at the same time.

I was flying when my app just disconeccted. was unable to get it back until I powercycled the controller. After I landed it said update avalible. So I tried and it failed twice. Followed all directions. And have now tried with the dji assistant 2-3 times. It comes up fail then complete, then firmware incompatable detected press update. Been in this loop for awhile. HELP

Hello mate, any news about this ? exact same issue from 0300 - update always fails, and not the only one. What's your setup : me android 6, dji go 4 app, mac and pc all the same fails

I will be going full airplane mode from now on to avoid this. Cheers for the advice. I took me all day and bricking my mavic but im finally on v.0400
Hello :) again
How did you manage to get it to 0400 ?
Thanks a million, same situation here
Arno

Hello :) again
How did you manage to get it to 0400 ?
Thanks a million, same situation here
Arno

Use the Assistant 2 software and connect your Mavic to a PC or a MAC to update it.

If that fails Completely remove all the DJI GO app software from you mobile then reboot it then reinstall and reboot and then try to update.

Use the Assistant 2 software and connect your Mavic to a PC or a MAC to update it.

If that fails Completely remove all the DJI GO app software from you mobile then reboot it then reinstall and reboot and then try to update.

Thanks for quick reply. I tested from PC and Mac, fresh installs. I changed the phone as well (samsung and wiko). Remove DJI Go 4 app from phones, deleted the "data" folder in Android Data to make sure it was clear. I had to re-enter my user name password for the app so i guess it was. It has re-downloaded the upgrade on both phone, then trying to update, stuck at 80% then goes above then fails.

Really lost here. It has two days. and it's not upgrading, what will it be in a year ? and DJI support does not care at all. I only have troubles with DJI : care refresh not activated because of split order, etc. etc. etc... as off now, this is one of the worse company / support i had to deal with.

Thanks for quick reply. I tested from PC and Mac, fresh installs. I changed the phone as well (samsung and wiko). Remove DJI Go 4 app from phones, deleted the "data" folder in Android Data to make sure it was clear. I had to re-enter my user name password for the app so i guess it was. It has re-downloaded the upgrade on both phone, then trying to update, stuck at 80% then goes above then fails.

Really lost here. It has two days. and it's not upgrading, what will it be in a year ? and DJI support does not care at all. I only have troubles with DJI : care refresh not activated because of split order, etc. etc. etc... as off now, this is one of the worse company / support i had to deal with.

Have you tried to go back to 200 FW and then go to 400 ?? Use the down grade option in the GO4 app

Hell yes :) i've already tried that. I'm actually on the 200 now. And will stick to it i guess... i just had my first flight just to make sure everything was fine before i leave for a trip. I'll keep on trying today evening, and tomorrow but then i'll wait for the next release. seems i'm not the only one, but we're rare so ... lucky me hey :) you all rock guys ! Thanks ... advices still more than welcome

Some news if that can help. I can now reproduce the behaviour : always stuck at 55% then reboots, once, goes on, reboots, fails
Exactly the same pattern

Upgrading now. I can only say to you pilot who started with Mavic, you are lucky you don't have to deal with the upgrade procedure for a P3A. It was some serious voodoo, rub your stomach and pat your head stuff. :)

Hello all ! FINALLY SOLVED
Well just solved this issue. Exact same error, error 0x0.... stopping at 55%. To solve it i ... came home and forgot the USB cable at office. So basically i had to take another one. The one i was using were premium ones. Gold platted, insulated etc...
And finally had to go back to a stupid standard low level USB cable. Used it with DJI Assistant 2 on a mac, worked like a charm : get over 55%, 60% etc... hang at 83% or 85% for long long long minutes ;) then 99%, reboot, 100% done !
I've done it dozen of times before, and never worked so i assumed that the usb cable. Don't loose hope, it will work. I've spent 12 hours on this. 7 batteries. I went back to 0200 Firmware, then did everything. Finally got it working. One by one, Drone first, then Remote, each time the other one switched off.
Hope it helps let me know
Arno

Hi, I tried the update option from the DJI Go app yesterday and both MP/RC updated fine in one sweep. It took a good 15mins. I will try to calibrate the compass whenever I find a good open field before I fly.
hi..I'll put my hands over my Mavic only in few weeks but I was just wondering.. that day I'll update Mavic and Rc only via smartphone.. do I just need to connect Mp via cable to my smartphone? same with Rc? just connect them using cable and Dji Go 4 app? thank you

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Reactions: romarnv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James