DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware

Blueabyss

Reactions
What Firmware does everyone recommend. I hear the more recent ones just have more no fly zones and nothing positive to add. Is this the case or just gossip?

Chris

I'm running the latest along with the current version of DJI GO 4. All has been working well for me so far.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
Well I have been trying to figure this out since I found this place. Clearly it IS NOT clear. It appears different folks with different product builds are getting different results. I think version 4 is what is working best for some but a number of people have had great results with the latest. (both ver 5's were ripped at forum and did not help/work for me...)

Specifically I have been battling a gimbal stabilization message which has ruined a couple awsome sunsets. I was on 5 when it started and debated which way to go - went forward (Always my preference) but same or worse as now I get a floating horizon at a varying angle which is disastrous if you want to capture any video. I have tested in near zero wind BTW

I presume it is time to go back to ver 4 but would love some feedback -

Maybe I just need to calibrate everything and am panicing from all the negative experiences?
Plan on doing something tonite - thanks

Hi All

slightly off topic, but I have updated to the DJI Go 4 version 4.0.8 firmware, and there is no mention of "Fixed Wing Mode", is it available in the UK...? if it is what has happened to mine..?

Waylander

Hi All

slightly off topic, but I have updated to the DJI Go 4 version 4.0.8 firmware, and there is no mention of "Fixed Wing Mode", is it available in the UK...? if it is what has happened to mine..?

Waylander
That's weird, I just got notice that version 4.0.7 is available this morning and you are on 4.0.8? Is everyone on version .8?

That's weird, I just got notice that version 4.0.7 is available this morning and you are on 4.0.8? Is everyone on version .8?
Just released today. Downloaded it, but not flown with it yet. Only change mentioned was support for Phantom advanced. Wonder what else might be lurking, good or troublesome...

Reactions: Chun
Doh... what a dummy, I was in my office when I updated to DJI Go 4, did not realise that the options for the
"Fixed Wing Mode", do not show up in the control menu's until you are actually connected to the Mavic...
Silly Me :oops:

Waylander

Reactions: SeaComms
Firmware selection is almost a religion on here. Everyone seems to have a different experience and opinion. Many advocate staying on .0400 as they view it as the last "stable" firmware, but many forget how many hated .0400 when it came out and blamed it for a bunch of issues. What is clear is that there were issues with .0500 and .0550 as these broke the API used by third party apps like Litchi and Autopilot. .0600 fixed these issues.

I am convinced that there are too many variables in how people configure their Mavics, the conditions under which they fly, their take-off points, the site conditions, and potential interference issues to be able to attribute all of the problems you see reported to the firmware upgrades. Much also might be related to manufacturing issues with certain Mavics (some seem more "buggy" than others).

For me, I have flown my Mavic in a wide variety of places and times and the only issue I have had is the red spot in RAW files when shooting snow and slight gimbal tilt issues when flying sideways. I originally upgraded to .0500 and then downgraded because I use Autopilot and the broken API was an issue. I have now upgraded to .0600 and everything seems to be working just fine without a single issue.

So, in short, if you're looking for the definitive answer to which firmware to use, you probably won't find it as YMMV.

New to Mavic Pilots Forum- previously used DJI Go3 on my iphone 5 without any difficulty until DJI without warning dropped support and forced me to get a new phone 6 (ios) to use DJI 4 (which by report does not seem to work as well as DJI 3)

I have not upgraded firmware yet- am still on .300 . I do have DJI GO4 ios v. 4.08- I have installed the desktop assistant- Any consensus as to which firmware provides a stable platform until DJI gets its act together and puts out stable firmware. Many people seem to be sticking with .400. Is that the best so far ? Will that firmware be OK with newer DJIGo updates? Do I really need to upgrade the firmware if everything is working? Can I stay with .300 ?? ( sorry for so many questions out of the gate)

Steve

Another issue is the ability to downgrade. DJI may decide at any time to take .400 off the menu just as they did .300. So you could try one of the newer firmwares, decide you do not like it, and then you are stuck.

Reactions: JeffM46
All FW since 400 that my Mavic shipped with has been fine .

i connot see how people could be happy with .500 or .550 with abort auto landing disabled like it was. At least they figured out that was a bad idea and fixed it in .600.

Took the mavic out for some testing yesterday on .300 and DJIGO 4.08- no problems

Firmware selection is almost a religion on here. Everyone seems to have a different experience and opinion. Many advocate staying on .0400 as they view it as the last "stable" firmware, but many forget how many hated .0400 when it came out and blamed it for a bunch of issues. What is clear is that there were issues with .0500 and .0550 as these broke the API used by third party apps like Litchi and Autopilot. .0600 fixed these issues.

I am convinced that there are too many variables in how people configure their Mavics, the conditions under which they fly, their take-off points, the site conditions, and potential interference issues to be able to attribute all of the problems you see reported to the firmware upgrades. Much also might be related to manufacturing issues with certain Mavics (some seem more "buggy" than others).

For me, I have flown my Mavic in a wide variety of places and times and the only issue I have had is the red spot in RAW files when shooting snow and slight gimbal tilt issues when flying sideways. I originally upgraded to .0500 and then downgraded because I use Autopilot and the broken API was an issue. I have now upgraded to .0600 and everything seems to be working just fine without a single issue.

So, in short, if you're looking for the definitive answer to which firmware to use, you probably won't find it as YMMV.

.6 is working for me after much trouble with .5x versions. .4 seemed fine but I think looking back operator error/inexperience finds many ways to distort/confuse the issue as some things I thought were me likely weren't... just me maybe.... All I know is with nearly 100 flights under my belt things sure are working a lot better simply because I have half a clue how the thing works. I remember reading somewhere while studying for Part 107 test not to fly indoors until at 100 flights are done..... The main point to me is it takes a little time to get your head around everything especially if you take the photography/cinematic piece seriously.

Hello,
Just got my Mavic yesterday and it comes with the .400 Firmware. I'm a firm believer that updates are meant to fix things so I would like to try .600 version since this one seems to be safe and working fine (even tough I just downgraded my P3A trying to fix the disaster DJI made). Do I have to update to .500 and .550 before or can I flash .600 directly with the DJI assistant? Thanks!

Do I have to update to .500 and .550 before or can I flash .600 directly with the DJI assistant?
No. You can jump right to a newer version.

Reactions: quanticchaos
I would stick with .400 unless you are planning on using the goggles. There is really nothing helpful in the new firmware other than restrictions added.

I would stick with .400 unless you are planning on using the goggles. There is really nothing helpful in the new firmware other than restrictions added.
Thanks mate but you are a little bit too late.
I was having issues with manual focus in Litchi and thought that, maybe, an update would help but I was wrong.
Just found out that if you set autofocus or manual focus in DJI GO 4 app, litchi for android will keep the setting.
Another thing that worried me was that my RC was on .550 and the AC in .400. At least now they are both in .600
Anyway, I thought I would be able to downgrade it if anything but no, .400 FW is not available in DJI assistant anymore.
Guess I should have read all the forums and waited a little longer but I was too excited with my new bird. I hope I have no issues with .600 FW.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre