DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash ...Indoors

Oh dear.... Did you 'grab stick' to stabilise?

Looks as thought it started drifting.

Lol dont know. It happened so quick, presume it was lower sensors seeing sofa.

I have flown my mavvie quite a bit indoors with solid stability and in tighter quarters than your room without any errant action. Did you have the controller in beginner mode ? Switch on the right side of the controller in normal mode (the slider - mine came out of the box slid towards SPORT mode) and in the app confirm it was in beginner mode ? For it to go into the wall would mean obstacle avoidance was not on. I know that the obstacle avoidance which is camera based disables in low light conditions as I got that warning once indoors and stopped flying. I have tested the obstacle avoidance and it will not fly into a wall and it appears yours did so I would be curious about those settings first. A bit of a Christmas morning letdown !

I have flown my mavvie quite a bit indoors with solid stability and in tighter quarters than your room without any errant action. Did you have the controller in beginner mode ? Switch on the right side of the controller in normal mode (the slider - mine came out of the box slid towards SPORT mode) and in the app confirm it was in beginner mode ? For it to go into the wall would mean obstacle avoidance was not on. I know that the obstacle avoidance which is camera based disables in low light conditions as I got that warning once indoors and stopped flying. I have tested the obstacle avoidance and it will not fly into a wall and it appears yours did so I would be curious about those settings first. A bit of a Christmas morning letdown !
Check on discussion forum my reply is there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy