DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash

MiniGuy

Reactions
I was asked by some friends if I could use my drone to photograph the damaged cross which rest atop a small bell tower. I thought this might be fun and so drove down to the church, set up my drone and landing pad and started up the process....or so I tried. Turned out it needed a firmware update. First lesson...check before you leave home. Zipped home and did the update. The first time I did one, I had to connect the controller and then drown to my desktop. This time, I did it by WiFi and it worked great. Drove back the church and launch the Mavic. Got some good photos then I somehow lost control and flew it into the huge fir tree. Of course I panicked and certainly did not do the right things. I heard it thrashing around in the tree then it stopped. As I rushed to the tree, lots of stuff ran through my mind like I will have to get someone to climb the tree if I can spot it. As I was looking around, I looked down and there it was at the base of the tree. I picked it up and it looked OK. I put it back down on my landing pad at hit auto start and off it went. I then auto landed it. It did nick several of the blades but otherwise seems no worse for the crash. I haven't flown it a lot and not for about 3 weeks so I know I goofed. BTW...I bought a lottery ticket as I am convinced it was my lucky day.

It was your lucky day if you flew into a tree, didnt get stuck, fell to the ground, and it still works with no damage except for $10 blades.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan