DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone. First flight. First footage...

Robstene Hardy

Reactions
First flight of my Mavic Mini CE over Milton Keynes in Bucks, England.

The Peace Pagoda is located at Willen Lake and was the first in the UK.

Overall I am pleased with the results though I am disappointed with the Drones range.

Anyone have a Mavic Pro in the UK or the Platinum or 2 Pro and able to give me an idea of the UK's version's range??

If you look at the flight in the fly app you'll be able to trace it back and see the max distance.
Unfortunately I can't. I updated my Galaxy S10+ to Android 10 and now the dji fly app no longer works on this phone ???

Luckily still own my previous phone so have added Fly app to that but have lost all records of previous flights...

Unfortunately I can't. I updated my Galaxy S10+ to Android 10 and now the dji fly app no longer works on this phone ???

Luckily still own my previous phone so have added Fly app to that but have lost all records of previous flights...
Can downgrade to android 9!

That's a pain!

Obviously it won't help now but there is an option to sync the logs to make them available elsewhere automagically.

Probably not worth the hassle (but maybe interesting to you) just to see the max distance but you could do it via the mobile logs if they're still on your S10.

Probably not worth the hassle (but maybe interesting to you) just to see the max distance but you could do it via the mobile logs if they're still on your S10.

Thanks for these. Still a bit over my head all this. I deleted all dji files off my s10 when attempting a work around at getting to get the fly app to work again...

What do you fly? I love the MM but am already itching to get a Mavic Pro or 2 Pro for the extra range they offer with Occusync...

Thanks for these. Still a bit over my head all this. I deleted all dji files off my s10 when attempting a work around at getting to get the fly app to work again...

Ah, you deleted the DJI folder in your internal storage?

What do you fly? I love the MM but am already itching to get a Mavic Pro or 2 Pro for the extra range they offer with Occusync...
I have a mini although I haven't really had chance to fly it, weather has been awful between the rain and the wind.

I've fancied a camera drone for a while but couldn't justify the cost, I'm pretty bad at buying stuff only for them to go die in the garage after a few weeks :oops:?

The mini combo at £459 was low enough for me to push the button.

If I use it enough then I'll also look at "upgrading".

Reactions: Robstene Hardy
Ah, you deleted the DJI folder in your internal storage?

I have a mini although I haven't really had chance to fly it, weather has been awful between the rain and the wind.

I've fancied a camera drone for a while but couldn't justify the cost, I'm pretty bad at buying stuff only for them to go die in the garage after a few weeks :oops:?

The mini combo at £459 was low enough for me to push the button.

If I use it enough then I'll also look at "upgrading".
Exactly same here. Weather has been bad and now working all the time and dark when home so finding a window is hard... Hopefully will try a range test up in the Pennine Hills on my day off on Tuesday :)

First flight of my Mavic Mini CE over Milton Keynes in Bucks, England.

The Peace Pagoda is located at Willen Lake and was the first in the UK.

Overall I am pleased with the results though I am disappointed with the Drones range.

Anyone have a Mavic Pro in the UK or the Platinum or 2 Pro and able to give me an idea of the UK's version's range??

Looks nice, Im only 13miles away from you and frequently go to Willen Lake as well. My birthday is on this month and after not able to fly the mini on high wind, Im contemplating of getting a mavic 2 pro as well. Mini is my christmas gift from my wife. She saw the capabilities of the mini and its shortcomings from our recent trip to Lapland last Christmas. We will be travelling to Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore this April so really thinking hard to justify a more expensive flying machine.

Looks nice, Im only 13miles away from you and frequently go to Willen Lake as well. My birthday is on this month and after not able to fly the mini on high wind, Im contemplating of getting a mavic 2 pro as well. Mini is my christmas gift from my wife. She saw the capabilities of the mini and its shortcomings from our recent trip to Lapland last Christmas. We will be travelling to Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore this April so really thinking hard to justify a more expensive flying machine.
Ahhh nice! I'd imagine the Mini to be the perfect drone for travelling with and perfect as hand luggage etc...

Though the mavic 2 pro still looks amazing with that long range goodness...

Slightly on topic.. the one thing I'd like to upgrade for would be the shooting modes, active track etc would be great for filming the kids. Hopefully they add that to the MM.

I am in North Essex and upped from a Sark to a Platinum. I can easily get out to one mile (but not VLOS!) and I should think in calm conditions could go 1.5miles if not more.

Whilst obviously sticking to VLOS which would be 500m.. ?;)
Always
I am in North Essex and upped from a Sark to a Platinum. I can easily get out to one mile (but not VLOS!) and I should think in calm conditions could go 1.5miles if not more.
Ahhh.... I was wondering about the Platinum! Just a while back Drones Direct had the Fly More pack for £749! They've since put it up by around £100 ?

Yup I bought the Fly More Pack from Drones Direct in a sale. Not sure it was even £749! Love it, but do not get as much time to fly as I would like and recently, as we know,the weather has been foul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13