DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight Today...Couple Questions

regdawg

Reactions
I had my first flight today and it was great. I just had a couple newbie Mavic questions....
  • Does the fan come on all the time? Wasn't sure if this is normal. I hear it mostly when the Mavic is on and its just sitting on the ground
  • I was flying in 10-15mph winds so I don't know if it was the wind or not but I noticed that its just not as zippy as the P3P that I had. The P3P would zip when I punched it in any direction but the Mavic seemed slow. Again it could have been the wind and it was in P mode, haven't tried S mode yet. Is there a setting that I need to check?
  • Remote Caliberation - When does a remote caliberation need to be done?

I had my first flight today and it was great. I just had a couple newbie Mavic questions....
  • Does the fan come on all the time? Wasn't sure if this is normal. I hear it mostly when the Mavic is on and its just sitting on the ground
  • I was flying in 10-15mph winds so I don't know if it was the wind or not but I noticed that its just not as zippy as the P3P that I had. The P3P would zip when I punched it in any direction but the Mavic seemed slow. Again it could have been the wind and it was in P mode, haven't tried S mode yet. Is there a setting that I need to check?
  • Remote Caliberation - When does a remote caliberation need to be done?

1) From what I observed, its not always on but it will turn on when the Mavic starts heating up.. and it does that even if you are not flying it and its just standing there on the ground..So yea, it's normal.

2) I'll leave this to the pro's to answer but I think the MP smaller size and weight makes it harder to fight winds in comparison to p3p..

3) That depends on individuals... Some people only does it when the RC and the DJI go 4 app tells them to do so.. SOme do it everytime they fly, some does it after every firmware update.. So its really all up to you..

Does the fan come on all the time?
The fan will come on as needed to keep the Mavic cool. Mine always kicks on when my Mavic is sitting on my desk.

I was flying in 10-15mph winds so I don't know if it was the wind or not but I noticed that its just not as zippy as the P3P that I had.
Disable obstacle avoidance or fly in sport mode. You'll also see better performance when not flying in strong winds.

Remote Caliberation - When does a remote caliberation need to be done?
The remote controller does not need to be calibrated often. You might have to do it if the sticks are not responding as expected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78