DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight yesterday

Steverunner

Reactions
Hello all. New member, first time drone pilot (other than the ones I've bought for the kids, basically toys). Have the Pro Platinum, Fly More package. Also bought a few accessories: lens filters, in-flight gimbal protector, RC hood, another extra set of props.

Had my first flight yesterday in beginner mode, in my yard. Seems pretty intuitive to use. Took it out of beginner mode once, to take it up to ~400 feet. Hopefully I'll get to head out to a larger, clear field area to really test it and get more stick time. Basically got it for aerial shots when we are out at the lake behind my surf boat. I have a couple more weeks before its boating season, to practice.

I've consumed a steady diet of online research, videos, etc, so I feel pretty good about my knowledge level so far, but hope to meet up with another local pilot to really learn the in's and outs. Although I bought the care plan, I'd rather not lose it in the lake!

Looking forward to this forum.
Steve
Warner Robins, GA

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello all. New member, first time drone pilot (other than the ones I've bought for the kids, basically toys). Have the Pro Platinum, Fly More package. Also bought a few accessories: lens filters, in-flight gimbal protector, RC hood, another extra set of props.

Had my first flight yesterday in beginner mode, in my yard. Seems pretty intuitive to use. Took it out of beginner mode once, to take it up to ~400 feet. Hopefully I'll get to head out to a larger, clear field area to really test it and get more stick time. Basically got it for aerial shots when we are out at the lake behind my surf boat. I have a couple more weeks before its boating season, to practice.

I've consumed a steady diet of online research, videos, etc, so I feel pretty good about my knowledge level so far, but hope to meet up with another local pilot to really learn the in's and outs. Although I bought the care plan, I'd rather not lose it in the lake!

Looking forward to this forum.
Steve
Warner Robins, GA
Howdy from Wyoming @Steverunner , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Also I am new also and did my first sport mode flight today. Holy crap it is alot diff. But really fun. Also be really careful not to confuse the return home , and the land ac button did that today . Just glad I was at 380 feet. I live in the woods so I have to fly high to stay above the 100 ft plus tall trees just give your self alot of room above everything around you

My advice if your going to fly around the lake get a "getter back" works in ten to a hundred feet of water
Interesting. I live on the shore of a 500-acre lake and often fly over the water. Do you have any first-hand experience with this product or does it just sound like a good solution? Also, if you fish your drone out of 50 feet of water, what then? Is there any reason to suppose that you can dry out the electronics and get back to full functionality?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem