DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First impressions

Davidwh

Reactions
Today my new toy had it's first two flights, the first in beginner mode then in normal mode. As this was my very first flight with any drone I was very surprised and impressed with just how easy it was to fly (not even having to much trouble with orientation). I do have a couple of gripes which spoilt the session, the replacement gimble cover (with cut out) kept coming into view and I think I will dispense with it. The second the video was very dark to say it was the middle of the day (did not alter any of the video settings in the app maybe someone could advise), the only settings I could find were for 720 and 1080. But by far the biggest was the phone/tablet display in bright sunshine being virtually unusable and maybe some kind of shade might be in order. Other than that the Mavic performed faultlessly draining all of my batteries in no time. If can I will upload a small clip but in the mean time can any one advise me on the various settings for video quality. With one or two tweaks I think I will really enjoy using the Mavic.

Congratulations and glad you are enjoying.

1. Loose the gimbal cover, fly with suns position in mind, and accept an occasional little flare as artistic.
2. Get a device shade, the good one's work wonders.
3. Rotate your top right side wheel until your cameras EV setting is zero.

Now, you will get even more enjoyment than you even thought possible!

The problem that I have is not with the Performance from the Mavic ans it works perfectly even for a novice like me it's the video side. The first outing yesterday resulted in me not being able to see the phone display and this was my fault as the right dial had been turned down that much.It is now set at 2.7k 24fps, manual focus,AWB off and truecolour. Now that I am beginning to understand things a little better, I can control the exposure with the right dial a little more. It's all trial and error I believe there is a sweet spot for video for the Mavic using 2.7k so a bit of experimenting I might find it.

Wait for you to try sports mode :)

Congrats on you new quad and fly safe !

I think I will be going the other way and into tripod mode to concentrate on trying to sort out some video settings this afternoon, and to see how well it handles in gusty winds. As for sports mode is there any way uninstalling it...as it is not going to happen for a long time!!!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan