DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Night Flight

Syphon

Reactions
So the entire family wanted to see the drone this Christmas. Sure, everyone just got a bunch of new gifts, but, the hit was going out to see me fly the drone. Sadly, it gets dark around 5:30pm here, and well we did not finish up gifts until 5:15pm and had some time to kill before dinner.

I took it up while it was still dusk out, showed off the camera, how it works (several never seen a drone before), did a speed run, and showed it at max height (380ft). Sadly, night came upon us and after brining it in for a battery change, took it back up to show it off, however it was dark now.

I took it up about 300ft, and I must say, it is easier to see at night than during the day! Seeing Christmas lights and even a bridge in the distance was super cool and the image looked pretty good from the phone screen. With the bright LEDs, you can't loose it like you sometimes do during the day. I did not take it far, only about 500ft from our position as I wanted to keep it nearby since this was my first ever night flight.

Ill pull down the video tomorrow to see how it turned out. I was not really focused on video, so I will need to see how it turned out. My horizon was crooked and I did not adjust the gimbal for it, so the footage my not look too great.

Very cool. Looking forward to the video. I've seen some pretty amazing examples. Haven't been up at night yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I was so nervous reading this, I thought you were going to say it wrecked. So glad I was wrong! Post the video!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: FPVJunkie
@Andrew F and @arcolog2 I uploaded the raw footage. Like I said, gimbal is off, but you will see the footage is super grainy.

It was in D-Cinelike -2,-1,-1

@Andrew F and @arcolog2 I uploaded the raw footage. Like I said, gimbal is off, but you will see the footage is super grainy.

It was in D-Cinelike -2,-1,-1

Cool man, it's interesting. I wish I knew how to take videos like that guy did with the Singapore night shots, they were so nice.

I am going to try some more night shots when I have something cool to shoot. I think with the right settings you can get good shots, I have seen some that look pretty good. I think you have to manually set the ISO and exposures.

Cool man, it's interesting. I wish I knew how to take videos like that guy did with the Singapore night shots, they were so nice.

yeah that singapore MAVIC video is so insane !!

can someone give us what are the ideal settings for photo and VIDEO at night with insuring the least noise possible...

on that singapore video that guy said ISO 1600, AUTO SHUTTER, and standard color settings....

i tried the same where i live (Hong-Kong) but clearly got a quite noisy video...

The horizon is badly not horizontal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Yeah I noticed that after take off. Not sure why. I didn't adjust it since I was showing someone how the drone flies with little battery left. I have been having issues lately with the level of the gimbal recently, having to manually correct it each flight. Not sure why.

yeah that singapore MAVIC video is so insane !!

can someone give us what are the ideal settings for photo and VIDEO at night with insuring the least noise possible...

on that singapore video that guy said ISO 1600, AUTO SHUTTER, and standard color settings....

i tried the same where i live (Hong-Kong) but clearly got a quite noisy video...

This actually looks pretty good on my iPad screen. I plan on doing some real testing at night with some places that have more lights like a cityscape or something. I think mine was so grainy due to a very dark neighborhood with very few lights in it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4