DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First thing first. Step by step.

jointeffort

Reactions
Forgive me if this has been posted before.

I just got my Mavic yesterday. Yay! But now what?

Do I update firmware first, charge battery first, remote, etc?

Sorry for the noob question. This drone seems a bit more "complicated" than the P3S.

Thanks!

Start by downloading, reading, and fully understanding the Mavic manual. You can download it from the Mavic downloads page. Also, check out the tips at MavicHelp.com.

Reactions: jointeffort
After the updates and all are finished and you're ready to fly, do a basic checklist to be sure everything is safe.

1. Check the drone battery and remote are fully charged.
2. Check the calibrations (IMU, compass, etc..)
3. Wait for a GPS lock before takeoff, it'll announce the home point has been updated.
4. Make sure your return to home altitude is sufficient for your flight area.
5. Be safe!

I got mine a few days ago. Charged everything up first. I then did firmware updates. Then I went in and got a little familiar with the dji go4 app and settings. Checked my rth settings which right now were defaulted to 30m as mavic started in beginners mode. Made sure all my sensors were enabled for my own peace of mind. Gonna leave it there for a while while I get used to everything. After paying a grand for this thing, my motto is patience is virtue. Lol

I got mine a few days ago. Charged everything up first. I then did firmware updates. Then I went in and got a little familiar with the dji go4 app and settings. Checked my rth settings which right now were defaulted to 30m as mavic started in beginners mode. Made sure all my sensors were enabled for my own peace of mind. Gonna leave it there for a while while I get used to everything. After paying a grand for this thing, my motto is patience is virtue. Lol

I like the way you think! I am going to take this slow.

Reactions: bsshog40

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom