DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time Android user

Youser

Reactions
IMG_2042.JPG I had my first flight the other day using my new android phone and all went well part from some minor issues.

I downloaded the latest version of the app, uninstalled it and installed version 4.1.15 (2027412) from pureAPK.

Quickshots would not work. I would go into flight modes, select Quickshots and then be returned to the video feed screen with the quickshot icon in the position of the flight modes icon.

I had the phone in aeroplane mode, could this be the reason for this?

There is a bit of dark shading at the bottom of the screen, can this be removed?

What's up with the white border around the red record button? I would've thought the app would've been more polished.

After coming home and looking at this photo, I realised that the number of satellites I'm connected to is not visible next to the satellite icon.

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if I downloaded the app for Android Tablets instead of Phones.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks.

There's only one version of the app for phones/tablets.

Why are you messing around with apks instead of using the latest version from Play?

There's only one version of the app for phones/tablets.

Why are you messing around with apks instead of using the latest version from Play?

I was reading about people having problems with versions .18 (I know there have been newer version since) and the majority were saying that .15 was good/stable for them.

Try installing the current version of DJI GO. If all works okay, then there is no need to downgrade to an older version.

I was told one was for tablets.
There isn't a separate version of DJI GO for tablets.

Try installing the current version of DJI GO. If all works okay, then there is no need to downgrade to an older version.

There isn't a separate version of DJI GO for tablets.

I'm using the modded .0000 FW on the AC, would the latest app work with it?

There are thousands of different phones running Android. DJI cannot tune it's app for every single one of them. It appears that the screen on your phone is small and the display resolution a little low. This is why the record button is cropped a little. It's also why the sat number is not showing up. If you look closely enough, there is a pull down arrow next to the sat icon. Press the icon and more information should show up.

Reactions: Youser
There are thousands of different phones running Android. DJI cannot tune it's app for every single one of them. It appears that the screen on your phone is small and the display resolution a little low. This is why the record button is cropped a little. It's also why the sat number is not showing up. If you look closely enough, there is a pull down arrow next to the sat icon. Press the icon and more information should show up.

The screen is bigger than my iPhone that I used to use. And the resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density), would this be too low?

Btw to use quickshots you do what you did and then you have to select an object on the screen before you can actually start the shot.. took me a while to figure that out..

Btw to use quickshots you do what you did and then you have to select an object on the screen before you can actually start the shot.. took me a while to figure that out..

I've used it on my iPhone before. If I remember correctly, you get options at the bottom of the screen of which quickshot you'd like to use, no?

Weather is pretty bad so I can't even go out and test.

IMG_2063.JPG

I've read about the issue of the RC charging the phone and have it's battery drain.

If I select 'transfer files' will I have any issues using the app to fly the drone?

Youser, our phone resolution is fine. I would download the latest version of Go4 from playstore as V.22 is working fine and appears stable.
You will not stop the RC from charging your Android device no matter what you do so just make sure you start out with a fully charged device then no worries.
On Quickshot mode with Android once you select Quickshot you must then scroll a square / rectangle or scroll a box over a subject to activate Quickshot in which the 3 options will then pop up for you to choose which quickshot you want to select.
Depending on which one you select further options will be available at bottom or side of screen to adust the Quickshot.
As for darkness at screen bottom, well could be to do with the sidloaded version off app, may be corrected with correct apk from playstore. You can also swipe up on screen to clear everything off to have full screen then swipe down to return menues.

Youser, our phone resolution is fine. I would download the latest version of Go4 from playstore as V.22 is working fine and appears stable.
You will not stop the RC from charging your Android device no matter what you do so just make sure you start out with a fully charged device then no worries.
On Quickshot mode with Android once you select Quickshot you must then scroll a square / rectangle or scroll a box over a subject to activate Quickshot in which the 3 options will then pop up for you to choose which quickshot you want to select.
Depending on which one you select further options will be available at bottom or side of screen to adust the Quickshot.
As for darkness at screen bottom, well could be to do with the sidloaded version off app, may be corrected with correct apk from playstore. You can also swipe up on screen to clear everything off to have full screen then swipe down to return menues.

Thank you.

I uninstalled the .15 version of the app and installed the latest. Looks much better. Hopefully get to test this weekend.IMG_2062.JPG

Have you been using Android devices for your Mavic since you bought the Mavic?

I guess I'm trying to get a bit of confidence in using an Android device over the recommended iOS. Read too many posts of iOS being better than Android.

So if my phone is fully charged, this will stop the RC charging my phone and stop the extra drain of the RC battery?

Quite an easy solution.

So if my phone is fully charged, this will stop the RC charging my phone and stop the extra drain of the RC battery?

Quite an easy solution.
No, the phone will still need power and will charge (or keep charged) from the RC.. it will just last longer if you start with everything fully charged

Quite an easy solution.

you can root the device(like jai breaking an iphone),then you can use this App to keep it from charging
6c4b01ab4768ac59ed1a5e6d476f86d8.jpg

Thanks for this. Is this risky?

if you’re unfamiliar with it i wouldn’t bother,you can really mess up a device,if you get an extra phone research and and do some trials,yes it can be risky but not if you know what you’re doing

if you’re unfamiliar with it i wouldn’t bother,you can really mess up a device,if you get an extra phone research and and do some trials,yes it can be risky but not if you know what you’re doing

Think I'll pass then. First Android device and I bought it just for the Mavic. Hobby getting quite expensive, can't afford to brick this brand new phone lol

A fully charged RC/Phone will last longer than three MP batteries - so if they are both charged when you charge the MP batteries, it's just not a problem worth worrying about.
It's also easy yo use your car or a decent battery pack between flights to keep both phone/RC topped up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp