DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Five months of filming and post - The Harvest Tree

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I get great satisfaction and challenge making transition videos.
Here's my latest completed yesterday. Enjoy!

OK, So that was quite stunning!
I'm actually doing something similar where Ive been doing a Litchi orbit around an isolated pair of trees in a similar setting.
Im only 2 months into the project so only minmal change at the moment, but similar to yours I'd hoped to show the seasonal changes during the 360.
However, your use of colour separation has blown me away - Howd you do that?

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Excellent work. I happened to pop over to that Odyssey II video that popped up. I am a subscriber now.
Thank you! I hope you find my future videos enjoyable. I'm not the best at making landscape videos such as Odyssey. That one was a little too slow. However, I do have another transition video in the works.

Last edited:
I'm actually doing something similar where Ive been doing a Litchi orbit around an isolated pair of trees in a similar setting.
Im only 2 months into the project so only minmal change at the moment, but similar to yours I'd hoped to show the seasonal changes during the 360.
Thank you! I think transition videos are too cool. Hope yours turns out great.
The color separation was by brute force... a draw mask in Final Cut Pro X. Specifically, the clip is duplicated in the timeline, one over the other. The top clip has the mask around the tree with its normal color applied. The bottom clip has no mask with all color (saturation level) removed. They can be a lot of work, but very effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: restyler
Exquisite!

wow, your video is overwhelming, a mastrpiece of amazing transitions, big compliments 👍👍👍
BTW, you did it with Lichi?
cheers Paul
Thanks! The shots were with an M2P using a 5 point Waypoint mission in Go4. Then the flight pattern was repeated over the 5-month period. Usually, I would run two to three passes at different exposure levels. I did have clips I did not use due to poor sun, inconsistent camera angle and too much wind causing excessive offset of the field of view.

I was shooting entirely in HLG, HQ 30 fps. I thought about Full FOV, but then the tree was just too far away. The final video was assembled in a Wide Gamut project and rendered with Dolby meta data for HDR video. (FYI, YouTube is doing a much better job at processing HDR videos. Only took one day instead of three).

Would you please PM me when your project is completed? I don't want to miss it. Thanks!

I get great satisfaction and challenge making transition videos.
Here's my latest completed yesterday. Enjoy!

Sensational work. Hard to look away actually. Memorising! I've dabbled with masking in FCPX and certainly appreciate the time and effort you must have gone to in creating this. Congratulations on a superb video.

That is really good. Loved the green highlighted tree and the transitions.
I have done a similar crop transition but with time-lapse photography, This is a different level and makes me think what else I could do. Thanks very much.

Thank you all for the great comments!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez