DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fix Controller Buzzer in 10 Minutes "Easy"

Just like to extend my thanks to FlightClub as well for the great instructions. I did it as well, but cut a thread in the plastic and used a black grommet. Volume is adjustable and looks tidy. I’m very happy I took the plunge.

14661506f16196af5395902ad887b718.jpg

Just like to extend my thanks to FlightClub as well for the great instructions. I did it as well, but cut a thread in the plastic and used a black grommet. Volume is adjustable and looks tidy. I’m very happy I took the plunge.

Wow! Very clean mod! Can you elaborate more on what your steps were exactly and which tools and parts you used? I definitely want to mod mine as cleanly as yours. You can also adjust the volume too? I don't see the screw at all, how do you adjust the volume?

I am thinking about doing this as the beeping is extremely annoying to me as well. I thought about tapping the hole as well and using a nylon screw. If you use the nylon ones you don't have a chance of metal shorting anything out over the long haul. You can find them in just about any big box home improvement store in the specialty fastners section. If I do break down and do it, I will post the part number and where I got it from.

Reactions: Kelly
Wow! Very clean mod! Can you elaborate more on what your steps were exactly and which tools and parts you used? I definitely want to mod mine as cleanly as yours. You can also adjust the volume too? I don't see the screw at all, how do you adjust the volume?

Glad you like it. I basically followed the instructions, except that I used a hot needle to pinpoint the correct spot. Then eventually used a 2.5 mm drill bit (start with 1mm and work your way up) by hand to make the hole bigger, followed by a 3mm tap for the thread. The black grommet (3mm) needs an Allen key (hex) to adjust it. I just kept grinding one down until it was the right length to not protrude above the rubber (use a nut on the grommet to clean the thread and smooth the tip a bit to make it fit nicer). That’s it, nothing sticking out, can hardly feel the hole when holding it.

Im doing the mod right now. I cannot stand the obnoxious high pitched beep that this remote produces. I disable the beeping alarms in my car too!! Definitely take your time doing this mod. It's not harmful or dangerous in any way if you go super slow and be patient. One slip up or one mm to far and you could end up buying a new remote controller.
Use extreme care in not getting plastic in the remote case. Remove all plastic shavings immediately from work area. I used a hot razor blade and needle to finish the last micron of plastic at the end. I then applied a tiny drop of hot glue into the speaker housing. I still hear a tiny sound but it's 99% quieter than before. I can live with that!! Good luck and again GO SLOW!!
Also the folks who simply just listen to the beep are the idiots in my opinion. They are unskilled, uncoordinated, self doubting, name calling adults who sound like 5th grade bullies!!
Why would you call people childish names for attempting to make their flight experience more pleasurable? Is it because they are unskilled and jealous of folks who can do these type of modifications with no problem at all? Its our remote and our money that bought it. We can do whatever we want to with our equipment, it shouldn't bother you so much what others do with their own property unless your an **** bone brain!!

Reactions: Hook
Just did mine, drilled and poured in hot glue. Lamb is silent and mod looks clean.
I dismantled the controller and took out the mother board then plumped hot glue in to the electro pezo hole.....I did both of my controllers. It wasn't that hard really and takes around 30 minutes each to complete. One over packed with glue so a little too quiet when turning on and off but probably ok when the RTH beep starts. The second one I just glued up the hole without pumping in the glue to much and sound great.

Reactions: Edward P
To the OP:
317EEBEB-FB1A-437C-8C8A-6C3E2702DE41.jpeg 56E0C14F-1378-4403-BC67-3387DAA6B6ED.jpeg 00AF4B02-0313-43E8-B050-97A4C7D879D5.jpeg
Thanks for the measurements.
i accomplished it in 10 min using a dentist drill and a screw borrowed from an old computer. your instructions were perfect, and im happy now. just a tiny whisper of a beep, no more obnoxious blaring.

I have an easy fix for the Mavic Pro Controller Buzzer, "FlightClub Easy Fix".

If you hate the annoying Controller Beeping when you enable RTH on the Mavic Pro Controller I can give you a solution to make it an adjustable volume or completely disable it. Late last night, I performed the modification to my controller. Today I am happy to report, that after performing three full battery flight tests; the annoying Controller beeper has been defeated, and that the Mavic and Controller, operate perfectly as designed....... minus the annoying, ill-wanted, nerve-racking, neighbor-attention grabbing beeping sound. And, if you follow my directions precisely, you will have complete control to easily set the volume to any desired level, including the ability to completely disable it. I am extremely pleased with the results, and the flying experience is much more enjoyable!
I have created an easy to follow procedure with diagrams and complete tool & material list, which requires no special technical abilities and that can be performed with tools & materials that are readily available.
To ensure the modification is a success, it is imperative that measurements for the centerhole are carefully executed and most importantly, THAT THE WHOLE IS DRILLED BY HAND, per the procedure. And to be perfectly clear, the hole is to be drilled by placing the drill bit in one's hand, and then the hole is created by applying pressure while twisting the drill bit with your fingers into the back of the controller until the metal piezo element is visible. Once you can see the metal disk, use less pressure on the drill bit to clear the remaining Contoller plastic until it is a full 2.4mm in diameter.
Enjoy the peace and quietThumbswayup
View attachment 7801

Flightclub, your solution is amazing!
I tried this this afternoon, after hasitating since about 6 months to do this operation on my controler. But the loudness of that BEEP for nothing very important just makes me angry about DJI each time I fly...

All measures are right, I saw the metal plate of the buzzer right under my hole. I was afraid to have to drill it again because I first drill it nearby the buzzer, but it's fine.
The most difficult action is to remove the soft plastic thin layer before drilling... :)

I was looking for a solution to silent entirely that buzzer (which is not the best solution,I think sometimes it's better to ear some warnings...but NOT TOO LOUD!!!) , but, with this action, you can very easily adjust the volume as you want.

Sure, your controler will have a bad appearance if you do that quickly... But if you take your time, you can have a nearly brand new result.
I cutted the screw to 7.5mm from the back of the screwhead, and screwed it to silent the buzzer. As there was about 1.5mm of that screwhead exceeded from the flat plastic, I just grinded the screw to fit perfectly. After that, I filled the screwhead and the rest of the hole with mastic, painted it and I can now see nothing of the operation.

Thanks a lot to have shared this solution!

Fan belt what was the final length of the grommet/grub screw?

I have an easy fix for the Mavic Pro Controller Buzzer, "FlightClub Easy Fix".

If you hate the annoying Controller Beeping when you enable RTH on the Mavic Pro Controller I can give you a solution to make it an adjustable volume or completely disable it. Late last night, I performed the modification to my controller. Today I am happy to report, that after performing three full battery flight tests; the annoying Controller beeper has been defeated, and that the Mavic and Controller, operate perfectly as designed....... minus the annoying, ill-wanted, nerve-racking, neighbor-attention grabbing beeping sound. And, if you follow my directions precisely, you will have complete control to easily set the volume to any desired level, including the ability to completely disable it. I am extremely pleased with the results, and the flying experience is much more enjoyable!
I have created an easy to follow procedure with diagrams and complete tool & material list, which requires no special technical abilities and that can be performed with tools & materials that are readily available.
To ensure the modification is a success, it is imperative that measurements for the centerhole are carefully executed and most importantly, THAT THE WHOLE IS DRILLED BY HAND, per the procedure. And to be perfectly clear, the hole is to be drilled by placing the drill bit in one's hand, and then the hole is created by applying pressure while twisting the drill bit with your fingers into the back of the controller until the metal piezo element is visible. Once you can see the metal disk, use less pressure on the drill bit to clear the remaining Contoller plastic until it is a full 2.4mm in diameter.
Enjoy the peace and quietThumbswayup
View attachment 7801

Hello FlightClub. Thank you ever so much for this great idea of muting the RC's buzzer. Since I bought my Mavic I have been so utterly disgusted with this annoying, stressing and unnecesary public-alarming loud sound. I googled for an official solution, but all I found was your DIY "shut up" system. I carefully followed all your indications and the modification came out beautifully. Your measures were very precise. Now I can even adjust the sound level to an audible minimum or even reduce it down to zero. I did not need to apply the final sealing glue as the screw fits perfectly the drilled rubber holel. This is how it looks like. Unfortunately, this does not mute all the emitting sounds of the buzzer, as there's still another loudspeaker somewhere else in the RC...although the worst alarms have definitely been muted with your solution. Many thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. Greetings from Spain!

Mavic Remote Controller modificacion tornillo sonido 3-2018.jpg

Last edited:
I did this, worked perfectly using a 3/32 drill and a screw for that size drill. I am pretty sure my screw ended up much shorter though. Used a dremwell to grind off a little more each time till I got it where I wanted it. Thank you for the mod.

Not sure if everyone knows this..., but you can also turn down the screen volume for some of the audio noises.
Hello Michigan. Really? That sounds very interesting. It would be nice if you could let us know how to achieve that! Regards from Spain.

I used a needle, got it hot went right through the pastic, cut pin to length now just a little silver dot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun