DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Data Logs

mb9162

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I seem to be having a hard time locating/retrieving my flight data records on my Air 3. I can see pics/videos etc.
But where are the Air 3 flight data logs located? I've tried to use "Air Data" and DJI Assistant 2 to upload, but no I can't seem to locate any files to upload. On my other drones, I simply dig down through DJI? directory to locate the DJI flight data files. I'd like to review my flights heights, stick location, battery, etc.
Is there another program I need?
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using a mobile device or the DJI RC 2 remote controller?

RC 2 Controller or
Utilizing iPad or Windows 11

Last edited:
If using an iPad, you can follow the instructions near the bottom of this page.

If using the DJI RC 2 and Windows, connect the remote controller to your computer with a USB-C cable and then you'll see the "DJI RC 2" device appear in File Explorer. Browse to Android --> data --> dji.go.v5 --> files --> FlightRecord to find all available TXT flight log files.

1698604329522.png

For decrypting and viewing the data in the TXT flight log files, you can use one of these flight log viewers.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Msinger,
I think windows might the problem. I've tried two different USB c cables, and neither are detecting the DJI RC 2 directory when plugged into my windows 11 machine. Unless there is a setting that I've missed. The iPad has the same results. Not detecting DJI RC 2 directory. thanks for your help.

I've tried two different USB c cables, and neither are detecting the DJI RC 2 directory when plugged into my windows 11 machine. Unless there is a setting that I've missed.
There are no settings. Make sure you're using a cable that supports both charging and data transfer (like this cable). Some cables can only be used for charging.

Reactions: johnnyb57
All on my cables support both. I can plug an accessory into the cable and starts charging. If I plug the Air 3 directly into the computer, it shows both internal and sd card directories, but no DJI RC 2 directory. Only DCIM, which shows my pics/videos. It shows SRT, Jpeg, and LFT, but no log files,. I'm using USBC to USB c cable

Last edited:
If I plug the Air 3 directly into the computer
You need to plug the DJI RC 2 into your computer. That's where the TXT flight logs are stored.

Same thing, does not recognize anything when I plug it into the computer. The RC2 shows 5 flights in the log and I can see pics I've taken on the controller but nothing coming up on the PC. I"M really confused now.
Sorry

Same thing, does not recognize anything when I plug it into the computer. The RC2 shows 5 flights in the log and I can see pics I've taken on the controller but nothing coming up on the PC. I"M really confused now.
Your data will definitely be in the controller's internal storage.

I don't have that controller to check, but if it's like all other Android phones and tablets, when you connect to a computer you need to swipe down on the screen to open a menu that looks something like this:
i-j3rMcv3-L.jpg

Then select Transfer Files and you should be able to walk through the file structure in the controller's memory, where you will find the flight records in this folder:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

I don't really know what I did but I plugged the controller (after numerous attempts) and the directories finally popped up.
I'll try again later to reproduce the same outcome. thank you all.

Just Found out the issue. My machine in Windows 11 at least, when you plug the controller in, it doesn't show up on the left panel as normally would show a new device attached...
Here is what I did.
Attach controller to the PC,
Power up the controller.
Click on "File Explorer"
Scroll down to "This PC"
Double click on "My PC"
Here is where the DJI RC 2 resides. Under devices and drives.
Click on the DJI RC2 device and all your files and logs appear,

I don't have that controller to check, but if it's like all other Android phones and tablets, when you connect to a computer you need to swipe down on the screen to open a menu that looks something like this
That menu does not appear on the RC 2 (I do own an RC 2). All you need to do is plug in the remote controller as I noted above.

Click on "File Explorer"
Scroll down to "This PC"
Double click on "My PC"
Here is where the DJI RC 2 resides. Under devices and drives.
Click on the DJI RC2 device and all your files and logs appear,
You got it. This is what I was trying to show in my instructions and File Explorer screenshot above.

Msinger,
Thanks for your help. The only difference that I see is that when I plug my RC 2 controller into the computer, it doesn’t recognize or show any controlled/device being added into the File Explorer window. I have to scroll down to “MyPC” and double click on on “MyPC” tab. Once you click on it, is when the controller appears under devices/drives. Then I’m able to drill down into my flight records.

The only difference that I see is that when I plug my RC 2 controller into the computer, it doesn’t recognize or show any controlled/device being added into the File Explorer window. I have to scroll down to “MyPC” and double click on on “MyPC” tab. Once you click on it, is when the controller appears under devices/drives. Then I’m able to drill down into my flight records.
You got it -- that's how File Explorer works. It doesn't display alerts when new drives/devices are connected.

You got it -- that's how File Explorer works. It doesn't display alerts when new drives/devices are connected.
Yes, sometimes I have to press F5 in file explorer to refresh a newly attached device and then it shows.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks