DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flight from point to point GPS

manzezs

Reactions
Hi peeps, I have been offered a investment opportunity. My friend wants to deliver parcels and mail to outer Islands in his country. The Islands are from 4-150 miles apart. I do not know if this can be done and was hoping someone may be able to help. I thought I would be able to set the drone from point "A" to point "B" 40 miles away in a landing zone... Is this possible ? Is it possible to have a drone fly one direction and as it goes out of range is carries on until the second handset picks it up and controls it to land it??? It will be flying over sea and only of clear free days with no rain..

You can program a drone to fly from one set of coordinates to another and then land on its own with no station controlling it. But.. You would need something significant. Something large and commercial. I'm not sure who would sell something like that. Perhaps a military supplier.

This forum is dedicated to the DJI Mavic series, which is a hobby drone that you can hold in the palm of your hand. They can't carry much and 10 miles one way would be close to the limit.

Not sure what kind of payload you're looking to carry.

Here's a 25 mile flight though.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly