DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly More Combo : Batteries Scuffed / Marked?

michael99999

Reactions
New Mavic Pilot, but owned a P3 before, built own racing drone, etc.

Picked up a Mavic Pro yesterday from Maplins in the UK. After the maiden flight I went to fit the 2nd battery... and noticed the two from the Fly More Combo box (i.e. individually boxed) had identical scuff marks on them. I think it's from rubbing against the foam padding when shipping.

Here's a picture:
dz67q.jpg

It's more obvious in real life, and the battery that came attached to the Phantom is perfectly fine.

Is this a common problem in the fly more pack? Doesn't feel like enough of a reason to return it, especially after flying it (will probably have a fight on my hands), but still annoying (OCD...).

I've tried to clean the marks off as they look oily, and the drone had some foam residue stuck to it that I could clean off, but no luck.

On the one hand you paid for a new perfect product and obviously that's not quite true....

On the other .....you ve probably got more important things in life to worry about ....

Have a cup of tea and try to pay it no mind.

[emoji108]

On the one hand you paid for a new perfect product and obviously that's not quite true....

On the other .....you ve probably got more important things in life to worry about ....

Have a cup of tea and try to pay it no mind.

[emoji108]

**** OCD :). But yeah, you're right.

What I'd actually like to do is have a cup of tea and fly my new drone, but the weather here in the UK is pretty terrible today!

I emailed Maplins to see what they say.

New Mavic Pilot, but owned a P3 before, built own racing drone, etc.

Picked up a Mavic Pro yesterday from Maplins in the UK. After the maiden flight I went to fit the 2nd battery... and noticed the two from the Fly More Combo box (i.e. individually boxed) had identical scuff marks on them. I think it's from rubbing against the foam padding when shipping.

Here's a picture:
dz67q.jpg

It's more obvious in real life, and the battery that came attached to the Phantom is perfectly fine.

Is this a common problem in the fly more pack? Doesn't feel like enough of a reason to return it, especially after flying it (will probably have a fight on my hands), but still annoying (OCD...).

I've tried to clean the marks off as they look oily, and the drone had some foam residue stuck to it that I could clean off, but no luck.
Plug them into the drone and check the app to see if they have been used before, the app should tell you (under the battery icon) how many times they have been charged, that should indicate if they are used or not.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: willhay555
Bingo - what Bunny Too said will let you know the condition of the battery.

T
Plug them into the drone and check the app to see if they have been used before, the app should tell you (under the battery icon) how many times they have been charged, that should indicate if they are used or not.
Regards,
-d.

Thanks for the tip - I've already uploaded to healthydrones by default & the batteries are new - it's just an unfortunate issue with the packaging. Annoying, but decals will cover it and not effect resale value. Just surprised I'm the only one seeing this as these batteries are transported in bulk!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez