DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying close to the Petronas Twin Towers

i fly my drones all around the phoenix area and run into no fly zones in some odd places,for example i can fly around a christian church without any restrictions but if i am near a mosque i can’t even get off the ground and thats any mosque anywhere no airports for miles.
Interesting discovery!

Great video and editing but thankfully, as much as many of us would like to break the law by filming things like this, most of us respect the laws and refrain from doing so. I'm hoping that helps somewhat, to stop more laws coming into place to protect everyone else from those doing illegal flying with their drones. Since the law over there does not allow you to fly over congested areas, the scenes were clearly a congested area, so along with the altitude etc, it was illegal, bloody good though.

Reactions: MPone
i fly my drones all around the phoenix area and run into no fly zones in some odd places,for example i can fly around a christian church without any restrictions but if i am near a mosque i can’t even get off the ground and thats any mosque anywhere no airports for miles.

Sooner or later all these places will apply for NFZ. Better enjoy the airspace as much as possible.

Thanks for sharing, it might be illegal, but it’s a nice video with no doubt.

Looks absolutely incredible and of course absolutely illegal.

Ciao Rob

I do not know the drone regulations in Malaysia, but in the US and in Canada, although the maximum height allowed to fly is 400 feet, there are exceptions.

In the US, the FAA maximum altitude 400 feet rule also says that as long as you are within 400 feet of a structure, like a building or radio tower, you can fly up to 400 feet ABOVE the structure.

Canada has a similar maximum altitude law of 400 feet (122 m) AGL OR 100 feet (30 m) above any building or structure, if the aircraft is being operated at a distance of less than 200 feet (61 m), measured horizontally, from the building or structure.

I do not know the drone regulations in Malaysia, but in the US and in Canada, although the maximum height allowed to fly is 400 feet, there are exceptions.

In the US, the FAA maximum altitude 400 feet rule also says that as long as you are within 400 feet of a structure, like a building or radio tower, you can fly up to 400 feet ABOVE the structure.

Canada has a similar maximum altitude law of 400 feet (122 m) AGL OR 100 feet (30 m) above any building or structure, if the aircraft is being operated at a distance of less than 200 feet (61 m), measured horizontally, from the building or structure.

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147