DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying close to the Petronas Twin Towers

MPone

Reactions

Kuala Lumpur, capital city of Malaysia, it means "muddy confluence" in Malay. Kuala is the point where two rivers join together or an estuary, and Lumpur means "mud". It is unknown who founded or named the settlement called Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur was originally a small hamlet of just a few houses and shops at the confluence of the Gombak River and Klang River before it grew into a town and established as a town circa 1857.

Last edited:
So you obviously didn’t learn from your first illegal actions, so thought you might as well break the law again!

We can only hope the Malaysian DCA have words with you after it’s reported.

Nice views ..!

Don't want to lecture ... but it's pretty easy to see from the video + 2 google searches that the height of the Petronas twin towers is above 450 meters and that the max drone altitude in Malaysia is 400 feet. Risky to flash this in public?

So you obviously didn’t learn from your first illegal actions, so thought you might as well break the law again!

We can only hope the Malaysian DCA have words with you after it’s reported.

I wouldn't say it's an illegal action. There were no drone restriction signs around and it's not a NFZ area.

Reactions: Teddy warrick
Nice views ..!

Don't want to lecture ... but it's pretty easy to see from the video + 2 google searches that the height of the Petronas twin towers is above 450 meters and that the max drone altitude in Malaysia is 400 feet. Risky to flash this in public?

Sorry! Couldn't resist

I wouldn't say it's an illegal action. There were no drone restriction signs around and it's not a NFZ area.
That doesn’t make it legal and the Malaysian Aviation Authority would disagree with you.

Just because a site isn‘t marked as NFZ does not make it OK to fly!

Familiarise yourself with the countries drone rules and laws for the country you intend to fly in.

• Haha
Reactions: Teddy warrick

plus they can track you down from you youtube channel

• Wow
Reactions: MPone
Nice vid, very good flying, good colors and top music- I have often used music from Ivan Turrent, very cool.
I guess some of the best dronevids are not completely legal.

Very good work, congrats!

Ciao Rob

Good video man you can’t post stuff on here that the drone police don’t come after you they all must not have a life to set around and pick at everyone’s video_Or they just don’t have the ( Mod Removed )to go out and make there own videos....

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuala Lumpur, capital city of Malaysia, it means "muddy confluence" in Malay. Kuala is the point where two rivers join together or an estuary, and Lumpur means "mud". It is unknown who founded or named the settlement called Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur was originally a small hamlet of just a few houses and shops at the confluence of the Gombak River and Klang River before it grew into a town and established as a town circa 1857.
although you might have broken some laws,maybe? your editing skills are fantastic what a great video beautiful colors of a beautiful city.

Last edited:
Reactions: MPone

Amazing video! it’s unfortunate that it encourage users not to follow the rules.

That doesn’t make it legal and the Malaysian Aviation Authority would disagree with you.

Just because a site isn‘t marked as NFZ does not make it OK to fly!

Familiarise yourself with the countries drone rules and laws for the country you intend to fly in.

?

In post #6, it says no flying over 400 ft period. I don't know if that's the actual rule in Malaysia, or an incomplete paraphrase. I believe, in the USA, even though we have a 400ft limit as well, there are exceptions. First off, it's 400 ft above ground level. Next, if it was otherwise permissible to fly in a particular place, you would be allowed to fly 400 ft above a structure, like a tower, or a building.

Legal or not, it was a very fine video, and exciting to watch.

Last edited:
In post #6, it says no flying over 400 ft period. I don't know if that's the actual rule in Malaysia, or an incomplete paraphrase. I believe, in the USA, even though we have a 400ft limit as well, there are exceptions. First off, it's 400 ft above ground level. Next, it it was otherwise permissible to fly in a particular place, you would be allowed to fly 400 ft above a structure, like a tower, or a building.

Legal or not, it was a very fine video, and exciting to watch.

I think the 400ft rule is to prevent a collision with other manned aircraft in an airspace. Don't think any aircraft would fly anywhere near those buildings. And like you said 400ft AGL, it could be a legal flight there. Best to resolve all these arguments they should apply for Geo-fencing NFZ to encompass the whole area to prevent drone intrusions.

Reactions: Bill combs
[emoji106]

I think you did break the rules, KLCC is a no fly zone according to that newspaper clip so the whole video broke the rule.
I visited last year and it truly is amazing, great video even if it’s not legal [emoji1360]

I think you did break the rules, KLCC is a no fly zone according to that newspaper clip so the whole video broke the rule.
I visited last year and it truly is amazing, great video even if it’s not legal [emoji1360]
I don't know about anyone else on this panel but my heart was thumping watching this daring feat! The beat of the music didn't help calm my tachycardia either. Amazing footage, and extremely daring flying. Common sense tells me personally that this has got to be illegal but I am not going there.

I don't know about anyone else on this panel but my heart was thumping watching this daring feat! The beat of the music didn't help calm my tachycardia either. Amazing footage, and extremely daring flying. Common sense tells me personally that this has got to be illegal but I am not going there.

Thanks for your kind words. My heart was racing too during the feat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman