DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in cold weather

mavic pilot 3

Reactions
I recently flew my Mavic pro in below freezing weather and the drone worked fine but the phone I plugged into the remote wold only connect to the camera for about 2 minuets, after that it would say disconnected and wouldn’t re connect. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I flew in 16*F with 6+ iPhone and didn’t have issues. Try removing/reloading DJI app. I did have issues connecting when I first got the bird, but doing that fixed it.

Up here in the northeast US. It’s been single digits the last couple weeks. Multiple days in the negatives. I’ve flown through all of it. I usually sit in my vehicle with the heat on while controlling the drone. It’s hard to fly with gloves on. Keep your batteries warm before flight. It has worked for me. Usually keep a hand warmer with me. Put in under the next battery you’ll be using. Probably losing a little bit of flight time because the batteries are obviously cooling off in the air when it’s that cold. So far so good Another tip is once you get close to 30 percent power you should land it. Just in case that battery decides to drop really quick. hope this helps.

Yeah I would like to put all these myths to bed about the super extreme care you need to take of your mavic with cold weather and all of that stuff because I just got my mavic after it was lost for 5 months sitting up in a tree from August to last week and this thing has been out in the rain the extreme cold and year hurricane and everything else and after it finally came down from the tree and was found I hit the battery button it actually had one green light on I took it home went to charge the battery was all good it fully charged I then proceeded to clean up the mavic a little bit which didn't even really need anything except for the spiders that made nests in the two arms up front and this thing flies flawlessly so I really don't think we need to baby these things so much I think we do worse in the cold then it does!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle