DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying Mavic over ducks

rwmats

Reactions
This was my first flight and i need some tips on focusing and low light conditions... it is very hard to tell what is in focus on a iPhone and i when trying to pan smoothly i don't want to tap the screen to focus...

This was my first flight and i need some tips on focusing and low light conditions... it is very hard to tell what is in focus on a iPhone and i when trying to pan smoothly i don't want to tap the screen to focus...

It's my understanding that you can force the camera to focus by pressing one of the front buttons. Check the manual to confirm what I read.

Hi rwmats, nice video [emoji4] as I am interested in the reactions of wildlife, especially birds, to drones, just let me ask you how close you've been to the birds? At 0:25 you can see some birds rushing away, how close have you been there? During the other scenes, the birds didn't seem to be bothered by your Mavic [emoji6] thanks for a short reply
By the way : the "ducks" are Common Merganser, seem to be wintering at your site, here in Europe these birds are common in the north and resting during the winter in central and southern Europe

Well IMHO you should leave birds and animals undisturbed. Let them rest, if you want take a pic or video further away so you dont disturb then

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You're editing was fun. I like the speed up sections for the beat. I don't have the answers to your questions though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: vdubbin1967
Well IMHO you should leave birds and animals undisturbed. Let them rest, if you want take a pic or video further away so you dont disturb then

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Sure, I absolutely agree with you, but as more and more people will be flying copters I'm interested in the impact on wildlife in order to find a sensible way of regulating flying drones e.g. in nature conservation areas.

Sure, I absolutely agree with you, but as more and more people will be flying copters I'm interested in the impact on wildlife in order to find a sensible way of regulating flying drones e.g. in nature conservation areas.

Im not really sure how close i was at that shot but it must of been around 10ft away... the mergansers didn't mind the Mavic at all and i did fly pretty close a few times. The birds that did not like the mavic were the Seagulls they flew away instantly

The C1 Button on the bottom of the handheld controller is "mapped" by default to focus at the center point of the screen with the green rectangle. By pressing that button on the underside of the controller it will focus on that point in the image. No need to finger press any screens.

Honestly your going to have to focus on a part hitting c1 before you film. But there should be a pre set focus or a Maual set focus for the distance.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yongyong