DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying without DJI App or phone.

ToddK

Reactions
It takes a while to set up sometimes with iphone. Im assuming I can fly without it. Does the Mavic use default settings when shooting video or does it stay with the last settings used if I fly without screen?

Since the settings are stored on your Mavic, it'll remember the settings the next time you start it up (with or without your iPhone connected).

What about home point, does it work normally and confirm it has been recorded?

The home point is auto set using the Mavic's internal GPS receiver. It would be best to fly with your iPhone, so you can confirm when and where the home point has been marked.

So Msinger, an offshoot Q of this topic:

If all the settings are kept in the Mavic, am I correct that if I fly with my iPhone, but then come home and hook the aircraft up to work with my iPad on the bench, that any changes on the iPad that I make in settings will be the same settings that show the next time I fire up the aircraft up with the iPhone display?

(Both iPad and Phone using same dji go4 release)

am I correct that if I fly with my iPhone, but then come home and hook the aircraft up to work with my iPad on the bench, that any changes on the iPad that I make in settings will be the same settings that show the next time I fire up the aircraft up with the iPhone display?
Yes, any settings stored on the Mavic will still be set no matter which mobile device is connected to the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78