DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fog and Cloud Question

CoveredinBeer

Reactions
I was flying the Mavic in the mountains recently and there was a nice bank of clouds rolling in close to the ground. As I started to fly the Mavic into them, I had second thoughts and declined. Clouds are, after all, a collection of moisture which doesn't exactly go well with the drone. Is there a risk flying the Mavic into clouds or fog like this? I may have answered my own question, but I wanted to get an answer from people with more experience. Thanks

Hello, I managed to fly through a rainy heavy cloud, up and up, until above it. The image above clouds was astonishing, but sometime later it got disconnected and started RTH. Later I regained control and when I got my hands on it it was full of droplets but nothing inside.
All good, I am willing to do it again and again

Not clouds per say, but I experienced a little bit of unexpected drizzle while flying yesterday.

I was flying the Mavic in the mountains recently and there was a nice bank of clouds rolling in close to the ground. As I started to fly the Mavic into them, I had second thoughts and declined. Clouds are, after all, a collection of moisture which doesn't exactly go well with the drone. Is there a risk flying the Mavic into clouds or fog like this? I may have answered my own question, but I wanted to get an answer from people with more experience. Thanks
Took mine up above heavy fog on the weekend. It came back drenched.
I won't be doing that again.

I have flown in both fog and snow and have not experienced any issues.

I have flown in both fog and snow and have not experienced any issues.

Hey has your drone had any issues since? Just curious because I’m flying this winter and would like to know if I can still trust the drone after it’s handled the harsh conditions

I personally did it. At the end of the flight the drone had moisture droplets on the arms. And I have no doubt that some got on the inside. Still no issues with the drone though. But I feel this type of moisture does not compare like moisture you get from sea water than in my opinion is way worst since one is basically distilled water that does not conduct electricity vs sea water that has some conductivity which could damage severely your drone. Hope this helps and here I share my experience. What my drone got when flying in fog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe