DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain Captures a Super Storm Cloud

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
When it RAINS ! The skies get insane with opportunity to caputre something interesting. i wil post the video in a few days as there is a lot to unpack.

Its 2 am the Mavic 3 Pro is geared up with the Wet Suit an ready at 4k 60 Frames with 3 x zoom and the Rain is coming down in sheets.

Something is happening in the clouds :

There is a single cluster in the sky Lets call it a Lightning Portal. This ever changing mass will keep my attention for the next hour.

WIthin this hour I will have taken 300 Still Frames an Recorded 6 planes that needed to navigte this weather anomaly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm , and search for the Holy Grayle.

Its an unbelivable sight , clouds rolling an stacking.

dsdsfasdfasdf.jpg

nvbvbvvb.jpg

asfhghhjjktttt.jpg

Than this appeared in the sky; shortly after this sparked out , it looked like a Nuclear attack sub appeared and than disappeared, and the Rain stopped , but my car radio USB charger was flashing , and the first plane was approaching and did not like what it saw. lol

I dont think the plane saw this until it got pretty close, I though it just might get caught inside but it dropped low very quickly.
I would love to let that Pilot know I captured this on video as it was surreal.

ghhhfff.jpg

Not sure where the plane went , but I lost it in the pictue but On video you can see it pass thru .

wowowowow.jpg

If you look close you can see. another plane to the right going thru it as I think they saw an opening out of there.

vddddfdf.jpg

The Next Frame shows that Plane very close to the danger zone: As you can see the plane directly under the bolt ,

bfddddddd.jpg

At some points the sky just lights up and than falls completely black

mvdffgfdfdfgdsfg.jpg

The Storm was gaining Momentum and clouds were stacking creating these 3D landscapes and would stay lit up as the cloud never moved.

mmhjjhhjjhjhj.jpg

This new 3D dimension in the sky would stick around forever collecting Lighting bolts
This was happening so close to me that i could not use the 7 x zoom , and thus 3x was just perfect.

eeerrrrrrr.jpg

sadfdasdfasdfasdf.jpg

Things are about to get interesting , as the sky starts to shift to Red , and another plane enters the Realm.

Part 2 and 3 Below : :cool: The full Video will be posted on the Website.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
When it RAINS ! The skies get insane with opportunity to caputre something interesting. i wil post the video in a few days as there is a lot to unpack.

Its 2 am the Mavic 3 Pro is geared up with the Wet Suit an ready at 4k 60 Frames with 3 x zoom and the Rain is coming down in sheets.

There is a single cluster in the sky Lets call it a Lightning Portal. This ever changing mass will keep my attention for the next hour.

WIthin this hour I will have taken 300 Still Frames an Recorded 6 planes that needed to navigte this weather anomaly.

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 165532

View attachment 165533

View attachment 165534

Than this appeared in the sky; shortly after this sparked out , it looked like a Nuclear attack sub appeared and than disappeared, and the Rain stopped , but my car radio USB charger was flashing , and the first plane was approaching and did not like what it saw. lol

I dont think the plane saw this until it got pretty close, I though it just might get caught inside but it dropped low very quickly.

View attachment 165535

Not sure where the plane went , but I lost it in the pictue but On video you can see it pass thru .

View attachment 165536

If you look close you can see. another plane to the right going thru it as I think they saw an opening out of there.

View attachment 165544

The Next Frame shows that Plane very close to the danger zone: As you can see the plane directly under the bolt ,

View attachment 165539

View attachment 165540

The Storm was gaining Momentum and clouds were stacking creating these 3D landscapes and would stay lit up as the cloud never moved.

View attachment 165541

This new 3D dimension in the sky would stick around forever collecting Lighting bolts
This was happening so close to me that i could not use the 7 x zoom , and thus 3x was just perfect.

View attachment 165542

View attachment 165543

Things are about to get interesting , as the sky starts to shift to Red , and another plane enters the Realm.

To be continued : :cool:

Phantomrain.org
How cool is that!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Part 2 : Continued.
Do you see what looks lke a meeting of the Counsil ? lol

nvbvbvvb-2.jpg

There is so much Detail in the 4K frames , as you see inside the storm.

ndfdfdfdfdfddf.jpg

Look how insignificant that plane looks surrounded by the wrath.

vddddfdf-2.jpg

portals open.jpg

woweeeeee.jpg

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Very interesting photos. The lights on the ground are good for context and depth I'm unable to find the airplane beneath the lightning bolt in #7.
You Might have to Wait for the Video, as the Focus of the video will be to highlight the planes a little bit more.
Its just a sliver of black where you can see the tail and outline , but the video is much more defined on the planes .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Excellent work. What were your camera settings? Are these still pictures from your video or was the lightning show so continuous that you had no trouble with timing a shot?

What’s the community under this? Or perhaps it’s actually in the foreground with the storm in the distance.

There was lightning constantly that night, but it was behind a cloud set, so I just put the drone about 120’ up and just took tons of pictures until the timing for a nice shot hit. It was a pain going through hundreds of pictures, but a few came out really nicely.

As for setting, I do not remember as I was changing the setting often to increased my chances for a good shot. I really do not have much of a clue yet, as I am just a beginner

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 165532

View attachment 165533

View attachment 165534

View attachment 165535

View attachment 165536

View attachment 165544

View attachment 165539

View attachment 165540

View attachment 165541

View attachment 165542

View attachment 165543

To be continued : :cool:

Phantomrain.org
Really amazing

• Love
Very nice and I can't wait to see the video ! Thank you for sharing !

• Love
Working on the video ,, going to offer some tips so others know how easy it is to capture
this same type of pictures with there drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1