DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode

Reactions
Just purchased the Mavic Pro, which is my first drone and am blown away with the very basic stuff that i am able to do on it.
One thing I would like to do is follow my son on his bike - he's only 5 so its not very challenging stuff, but does this mean he has to hold the controller or is there a setting where i can hold the controller and set it to follow him, and possible pan round him?

Hope this isn't a stupid question....

You can hold the controller. Select follow me, draw the green square around your son and away you go. Its quite easy to set up. Get the Mavic in the air, press the controller icon, select the mode and follow the instructions.
Just tell your son to stay away from trees. They are the curse of the Mavic follow me mode.

I guess you want to use the Active Track mode. On this mode you draw a square on screen to select a target so the Mavic can follow.

I think the Active Track mode works worse in latest 0600 firmware. I tried it yesterday while following a car out in a field and the Mavic just stopped in the air while tracking the car going further away until it lost it.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I think the Active Track mode works worse in latest 0600 firmware. I tried it yesterday while following a car out in a field and the Mavic just stopped in the air while tracking the car going further away until it lost it.
Have you tried on previous firmwares? By your statement looks like the car was going faster than the drone.
The Active Track mode has increased the maximum speed to 15m/s (I think on .0500/.0550).

Active Track Trace mode is very capable, more accurate than Follow Mode and also allows you to orbit and adjust altitude as you follow, either automatically or using your roll and throttle stick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM