DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those wanting to know about mounting CS 5.5 onto Osmo/Osmo+

Reactions
Hey guys, my first post on this forum so I thought I'd try to make it a useful one.

I bought a MP the other day for the first time and totally loving it so far compared to my P3P. Anyway, I decided to upgrade to a CS 5.5 for all the obvious reasons (battery life, brighter screen, etc.). I also own an Osmo+ and I wanted to use my CS with this too so I bought the Osmo Raw mount plus the extension arm. To my delight, the bracket that fits onto the bottom of the CS is exactly the same as the one for the Osmo too![emoji2] I originally thought they would be different and that I'd need to keep swapping the CS bracket, but I basically just slip the monitor off one device and onto the other in seconds.

To keep things tidy, you can easily unscrew the top section of the Osmo mount to remove the USB-C connector. This eliminates the need to have the redundant cable dangling around. There are just 4 tiny screws to undo (see photos). The mount is super stable, and although more expensive than other options on Amazon, I think the build quality and aesthetics are fantastic and well worth the money.

As for connection, the CS didn't find the Osmo wifi until I changed the frequency back to 2.4ghz. For some reason it doesn't see 5.8ghz. But the initial test was brilliant with less lag than using a phone and zero drop outs even at a few meters distance.

Anyway, I hope this helps those that own both a MP and Osmo+ and want to buy a CS monitor.

Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Cheers...1519818697353.jpg1519818706597.jpg1519818714909.jpg1519818721845.jpg1519818729630.jpg1519818735870.jpg1519818744830.jpg

did something similar on the 7.85 ultra. Designed and Printer a bracket though instead of spending $$ on the DJI bracket View attachment 32455 View attachment 32456 the osmo plus

That's so cool!! Thumbswayup I wish I had a 3d printer for stuff like this. DJI have a flagship store here in Hong Kong so it's just too freaking convenient for me to nip in and grab something after work! I end up spending a fortune on their stuff, so a 3d printer might be worth investing in. Saying that, I do like how their attachments can be interchanged between their own various products.

Will your 3d bracket also fit the mavic or do you need to swap it out each time? (that's if you own a mavic). Also, how do you find the wifi connection with the Osmo+ and the CS? I can't seem to get it to see 5.8ghz, but 2.4 is really stable compared to my LG G6+ phone anyway.

That's so cool!! Thumbswayup I wish I had a 3d printer for stuff like this. DJI have a flagship store here in Hong Kong so it's just too freaking convenient for me to nip in and grab something after work! I end up spending a fortune on their stuff, so a 3d printer might be worth investing in. Saying that, I do like how their attachments can be interchanged between their own various products.

Will your 3d bracket also fit the mavic or do you need to swap it out each time? (that's if you own a mavic). Also, how do you find the wifi connection with the Osmo+ and the CS? I can't seem to get it to see 5.8ghz, but 2.4 is really stable compared to my LG G6+ phone anyway.

i use this for the Mavric
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CCQ4RY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 7.85 seems to big to try and palm it and control the sticks at the same time. I can see the remote display with set up and it hold a neck strap

Not sure on the wifi if i am connected at 2.4 or 5.8. no lag either way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard