DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those who miss Autopilot...

We have a new Android build that should correct the issues on launch. Waiting for Google play to process the binary.

I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Its up and running on android now excellent work!

We have a new Android build that should correct the issues on launch. Waiting for Google play to process the binary.
We believe there are still a few issues with the Google Play version, so we are going to distribute the APK directly until we have a resolution. Just click the "hamburger menu" in the top left of the web app, then Native App, then Download on Google Play. It should actually prompt you to open the APK from Google drive, at which point you can install it directly. Please let us know if it works ASAP.

This is great news, have missed Autopilot for a long time now, keep dusting off the old Mavic Pro to use it. The web interface is superb with dronelink, makes planning a flight very easy. One parameter I can't see though is dynamic point of interest i.e. the controller. Is that something you might add in the future, makes those sweeping shots while walking the easiest thing in the world to do?

Reactions: dronelink
This is great news, have missed Autopilot for a long time now, keep dusting off the old Mavic Pro to use it. The web interface is superb with dronelink, makes planning a flight very easy. One parameter I can't see though is dynamic point of interest i.e. the controller. Is that something you might add in the future, makes those sweeping shots while walking the easiest thing in the world to do?

That functionality is not there.. Yet.. It is on the dev list and will be prioritized amongst other features..
Thank you for your feedback and keep your suggestions coming.

That functionality is not there.. Yet.. It is on the dev list and will be prioritized amongst other features..
Thank you for your feedback and keep your suggestions coming.

Great stuff, thanks for letting me know. Had a few issues with the app from the android store today on an S10+ but will try the .apk. Oh and the satellite image is missing houses built between 3 and 4 years ago so as others pointed out they're not the best but I think you guys are aware.

I just found out that the guys that created Autopilot have a new program (more of a complete package really) called Dronelink.

It seems a bit more aimed at the commercial folks (works for me) based on what I have read so far. It also looks like it allows you to create (and share?) libraries of functions and then combine them into missions instead of starting from scratch each time, which appeals to the old programmer in me :)

they also claim it is available for both iOS and Android, and that means it will also work on the new smart controller. That was one of the things I have always liked about Litchi, so it's good they fixed that.

They have a sign up for beta users so I have already signed up. I'll post an update later once I've had a chance to play with it a bit.

Link to the page is here in case anyone is interested: www.dronelink.com

I'll be very interested to see if they have fixed the jerky panning on the M2 range - I can't use my M2Pro for certain shots because of that, so I'm still hanging on to my P4P until that is finally fixed.

I've been using Autopilot for a couple years in a limited capacity. It has worked well for me throughout the years. As you eluded to, being able to build, store and share templates is always a carrot with ANY software.

I have only one use for Autopilot. I use Autopilot only on my Inspire 1 and only for construction videos. The ability to program camera movements independent of flight pattern was a real deal-maker for me 3 years ago. My only complaint would be that AP is very resource heavy, which tends to over-heat iPads and will even crash the program if I'm not very diligent with the iPad's thermal management. On hot days (80°+), pre-mission I will store the iPad in a cooler of ice. This seems to allow me to get through my daily missions (4 of them). Any hotter than 90° and I won't even fly. Half of that is naturally because of the iPad, but half is because wearing FPV goggles in that heat can be miserable.

Funny....last mission I flew I decided to test Autopilot's camera view on the iPad. Though the video feed to my goggles (via the HDMI port) was flawless, the iPad image was locked on a pre-launch image of the ground.

I recently purchased a Gen 3 12.9" iPad which doesn't like the Inspire AT ALL. I can't even get the Go App to work with it. I've tried two different cables (McDodo and Anker) to no avail. I have some other cables I'm going to try this week...but I have a feeling it's not a cable issue. The Inspire 1 RC simply doesn't seem to work with the Gen 3 chipset. More testing to come, but I digress...

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas