DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AerialsRus

Reactions
Purchased Mavic Pro in Mid December 2017 from Costco. Have been studying, watching videos, mavic pro message boards, simulator, and etc to understand and gain knowledge about the drone before even flying the Mavic. Using I Phone 6 for controller - it seems there have been numerous updates from Apple and DJI for Firmware. On 1-21-18 downloaded Firmware Update 1.04.0200. Repeatedly getting the message when on simulator - Forward Vision Sensor Error. Repeatedly Tried doing the Square method on DJIGo App, but would not calibrate.

Downloaded the Assistant2 onto my Laptop - an ASUS 15" screen. and Wndows 10. Prior to this messaged DJI Support and they sent directions how to use to bring compatibility with Windows 10 - by clicking on Windows 7 compatibility. Tried calibration on Assistant2, but would not calibrate -Mavic box size for top line was longer than bottom line. The Assistant 2 box has equal leg sizes. Tried and tried but would not cailbrate. Then got numerous messages - 1. Aircraft Connection Error 2. Screen Size Error 3. Software Freezing During Calibration 4. Calibration Error. Each error message had pop up box explanation. I am by no means a tech genius or expert. Having spent hours getting to this point, I messaged DJI Support.

They informed me the screen size was too small for calibration, as well as other tech instructions that I could try. They also gave me the option of returning the Mavic to them for repair. Since I have owned for longer than 15 days they will not replace it, but offered to fix it. They provided a UPS return and I shipped to them in Texas on Monday. I believe they will receive Mavic today and hopefully be able to fix.

Has anyone else had any issue such as this? I checked Mavic Help and does does not appear so. I am wondering if this Mavic is a "Lemon"? Hopefully they will be able to remedy the problem. Since I purchased the Mavic from Costco they have a 90 day return policy. When I get Mavic back and experience these re-occuring problems - I could return to Costco.

Any Thoughts??

I am having a similar problem with my MP which I purchased from Costco at the end of November- I am also a very NON tech person. I spent so much time reading, researching and taking baby steps with my flights (25 to date) and then to be grounded by this message about sensors which I can not get to calibrate with messages like “reboot aircraft” etc... it’s frustrating

I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos and one guy said to change screen resolution as this would allow the calibration - it didn’t work for me. Bottom line, I was learning how to operate and ENJOY flying my MP, but I’m struggling big time with the tech part of this whole hobby that I hadn’t envisioned when I made this huge purchase[emoji53]

I absolutely love the MP, just wish i knew more about the tech part

I’ll be very curious to hear how your issue gets resolved.

Best of luck

Just received word back from DJI support / repair. it appears the Forward Sensor was bad and they replaced it. It was a warranty repair fortunately, otherwise would have cost $130. So it was faulty out of the box!

There is a lot of technology involved with these drones. Overcoming problems is a learning experience. From this experience I learned that you need a minimum of 17" monitor screen to calibrate with Assistant 2

this may be 6 months too late but I had the same problems with calibrating vision sensors. I was continuously getting "reboot the mavic, or connection issues. Problem solved when I switched from laptop to an older desktop with a 23in. screen. Calibration was a success on the first attempt. I guess size does matter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre