DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found; Mavic 2's Achilles Heel.

I know this may sound geekish, weirdo flier... but I can't think of any other reason for behaving like this...When I fly my MAVIC 2, MAVIC 1, Autel EVO I tend to treat my flight as if I were flying one of those Military Drones. There's no second guessing to my flights. I fly them with precision RC control. I take off as I were in a multi-million dollar AC. I land the same.... for this type of flying I seem to always come back home with an undamaged flyable Aircraft. Weird or not...
i can relate to that, give your flight some thought, take the weather conditions into consideration,enjoy your flight and return home in one piece.its not rocket science.

I keep warning you people

You should never anthropomorphise aircraft, ......................they don't like it

English teacher:

Doesn't English count as a "foreign language subject" in U.S. schools? It's not as though you speak it natively :p
(Ari ducks and covers) lol

I keep warning you people

You should never anthropomorphise aircraft, ......................they don't like it
I call mine (flying the flag ) and (space craft)2CB550B1-E4DD-4053-BD19-74AD23983262.jpeg6DFA3B45-8341-48B2-A706-63832696326C.jpeg

I do have a question about the gimbal- when putting on a ND filter, I found that using the tool that came with mine tends to make it harder to feel how much “torque” I am applying to the camera so I do it by hand while holding the camera as well to support it. What do others do?

I know this may sound geekish, weirdo flier... but I can't think of any other reason for behaving like this...When I fly my MAVIC 2, MAVIC 1, Autel EVO I tend to treat my flight as if I were flying one of those Military Drones. There's no second guessing to my flights. I fly them with precision RC control. I take off as I were in a multi-million dollar AC. I land the same.... for this type of flying I seem to always come back home with an undamaged flyable Aircraft. Weird or not...

I do the same thing with my P4P. Not so much with my M2Z but it is equipped with a prop guard. My spark gets all the fun. Latest adventure is flying through aluminum step ladder. It only managed to go through the first step. It is that stupid landing protection that I cant turn off!

I call mine (flying the flag )

That flag! I can hear Gruffudd ap Llywelyn spinning in his grave now, although It didn't take the better part of 200 years to decide on how many stars you wanted on it either I suppose

( I am so SO going to get a serve shortly)

Down boys, just the Australian propensity for "taking the p**s out of your mates" coming to the fore ;)

Regards
Ari

Reactions: old man mavic
That flag! I can hear Gruffudd ap Llywelyn spinning in his grave now, although It didn't take the better part of 200 years to decide on how many stars you wanted on it either I suppose

( I am so SO going to get a serve shortly)

Down boys, just the Australian propensity for "taking the p**s out of your mates" coming to the fore ;)

Regards
Ari
no worries Ari just go and put another couple of snags on the barbi and tie your kangaroo down sport.

no worries Ari just go and put another couple of snags on the barbi and tie your kangaroo down sport.

Actually, you'd be more likely to find the kangaroos on the barby mate. Much leaner meat. Yup, welcome to Australia the only country in the world where you can gourmet dine on your national emblems

That's why we have such a high proportion of the worlds most deadly animals here .... they have to have some way of protecting themselves when we get hungry ;) (Besides, Bald eagles taste awful and Dragons are protected I hear)

Haven't eaten a Phantom 4 yet either ... but Chinese was never my favourite cuisine

I'm really asking for it aren't I? Well, I plead old age and senility and it being 2.30am

Regards
Ari

Actually, you'd be more likely to find the kangaroos on the barby mate. Much leaner meat. Yup, welcome to Australia the only country in the world where you can gourmet dine on your national emblems

That's why we have such a high proportion of the worlds most deadly animals here .... they have to have some way of protecting themselves when we get hungry ;) (Besides, Bald eagles taste awful and Dragons are protected I hear)

Haven't eaten a Phantom 4 yet either ... but Chinese was never my favourite cuisine

I'm really asking for it aren't I? Well, I plead old age and senility and it being 2.30am

Regards
Ari
well i plead even older age and a sense of humour good on yer mate

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes, it'd be a sad old world without that sense of humour!
right on no matter which hemisphere we live in happy flying

The one thing I might add for my M2P is leg extenders. The gimball is less than an inch from the ground which seems really low, doesn't take much to bump it.

Reactions: AMann
The one thing I might add for my M2P is leg extenders. The gimball is less than an inch from the ground which seems really low, doesn't take much to bump it.

I just bought Polar Pro’s folding ones you can keep and store on your drone all the time. They look pretty good, raining too much to test yet but will post about it later today as there’s a break in the wearher today.

Reactions: JDawg

That's even with the leg extenders attached JDawg? That is a shame. The proximity of the camera to the ground is really my biggest worry with my Mavic 2 ... I was hoping a set of extenders would relieve that a little.

Regards
Ari

They look pretty good, raining too much to test yet but will post about it later today as there’s a break in the wearher today.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on, perhaps even a pic of it sitting on the ground for reference. Like a lot of the guys above have commented, although they are tools of the trade I tend to think of my R.P.A.'s as "the girls" and treat them very gently. Although I haven't bought them new dresses like old man mavic yet lol

Regards
Ari

I'd be interested to hear how you get on, perhaps even a pic of it sitting on the ground for reference. Like a lot of the guys above have commented, although they are tools of the trade I tend to think of my R.P.A.'s as "the girls" and treat them very gently. Although I haven't bought them new dresses like old man mavic yet lol

Regards
Ari

Well, Polar Pro’s going back to Amazon- they should work, but one of the front ones broke at the hinge just putting it on my drone the first time. I think I will try them again though and asked for a exchange. Will post an update when I get them.

I think what he meant is to take your drone out to dinner if you don't want it to give you trouble later?
I don't know... I don't like to attach human emotions to toys, be it a drone a car or a motorcycle.
My drone-- I mod it, leave it out in the cold, drive it beyond its limit, break the law with it, sometimes abuse it or do risky stuff with it.
Oh...and I paid for it (the drone)...
So to me, the answer is no, can't treat it like a lady.

Dude's like this keep Thunderdrones in business. I'm not saying you're going to crash it, but yeah you're going to crash it!

Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro