DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full Litchi Alternative ?

Alex_S

Reactions
With all the dramas going on with Litchi and the .500/.550 firmware I looked for possible alternatives.
I totally forgot that I purchased a while back the app DJI ULTIMATE. It was excellent for flying the P3s.
When I changed my phone and got the Mavic I only installed the DJI Go4 and Litchi. Litchi was my favorite.
Now it does not work with the latest firmware only on the .400
Had a look again at the DJI ULTIMATE app and realized that it is now fully compatible with the Mavic and the Inspires as well and it has possibly more options than Litchi in its latest version !
From the past I know this is a very stable and capable app. It has possibly more functions than Litchi and it seems to have no problems with the latest DJI firmware. I am surprised not to see it more discussed on this forum in the light of Litchi not working as it could be. Its dark now here but will give it a good run tomorrow. I have the feeling its a good replacement for Litchi and other pilots might want to try it as well.

yes thats right I bought Litchi for the VR goggle option which I use all the time, never had problems with it and can see clearly where I'm flying with the bright sunlight here in Spain Its difficult to see a tablet or phone screen out of goggles.
Does it have this?

If cardboard function is a major interest, no it does not have it. But it has all of the other
Litchi flight modes I was interested in.
DJI Ultimate Flight was a great app when I flew the P3s and actually preferred it to Litchi..
Today I tested the app first time with the Mavic. First thing I noted was video breakup and lag within a 50 m range.
Tried one of the flight modes "selfie". The app crashed. Tried it a second time... the app crashed.
That is on a Samsung Note 4. Then I tried it
with a 6.4 inch Xiaomi Mi Max. Only DJI Go4 can play on this phone no matter what.
That's it for me. The only app I will be running now is DJI Go4. Everything else is uninstalled until DJI and/or Litchi
got their act together. Its not worth risking an accident or the loss of an expensive drone because of unreliable apps.

Note that the issues with some functions of Litchi and latest firmware is a problem in the firmware - which means any other app that provides the same functions are going to be affected too.

You can use the unaffected Litchi functions on latest firmware with no issue - and you shouldn't use similar fonctions to the affected ones with any other app.

Which leads to... Why not downgrade to .04 to when everything was working OK.

Surely there is a reason why DJI left.04 still available to downgrade from new firmwares.

That's just my thinking. I haven't had any issues on.04. You don't have to update and be stuck like you do with other firmware like apple upgrades once you upgrade your sort of stuck after that window period.

I just recently downgraded. Everything works. I'm thinking until they sort things out.

Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik