DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun activity AIR 3 Nighttime Flying

Reactions
A fun activity!! At night, fly the Air 3 for approximately 20 minutes! Next, immediately change the battery! When I changed the battery; as mentioned above the AIR 3 headed for the Gulf of Mexico 1500 miles away!! If the AIR3 had not hit my neighbor's 30 foot tree the AIR 3 would have been on the Nightly News with Lester Holts! Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else have this issue?
Hard to say when we don't know what the issue was.
If you want to find out and be able to prevent it in future, post your flight data and someone might be able to work things out.

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

FWIW…I understand it’s not a good idea to charge a battery immediately but we should wait until it cools. That’s probably not the reason for your 3’s behavior but just for future reference. It’ll be interesting to see what Meta4 finds. Incidentally, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
As @Meta4 mentioned, post your flight data and someone might be able to work things out.

Reactions: sarahb
FWIW…I understand it’s not a good idea to charge a battery immediately but we should wait until it cools. That’s probably not the reason for your 3’s behavior but just for future reference. It’ll be interesting to see what Meta4 finds. Incidentally, welcome to the forum.
I initially read that as "charged the battery," too. (It's definitely not advisable to charge a hot battery.) But the OP actually said "changed the battery." Either way, it's difficult to see how it could cause the drone to misbehave.

Reactions: Dbez1
We need more info. You must to tell us what exactly happened on your second flight after you landed, changed the battery, and then took off again.

I initially read that as "charged the battery," too. (It's definitely not advisable to charge a hot battery.) But the OP actually said "changed the battery." Either way, it's difficult to see how it could cause the drone to misbehave.
lol MS. When I get a little older, maybe I’ll learn to read. 😋

Reactions: MS Coast
Welcome to the forum. Interesting name you chose (GB the B). As an owner of 4 butcher albums, I share the sentiment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1