DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp hack and Caden K1 Messenger bag.

Mako79

Reactions
I nearly lost my gimbal clamp before the mavic ever took flight..
Did a simple life hack.
Used fishing line and tied it to the plastic dome protector (I never leave on the dome during flight as I think it restricts airflow).

Dome%20and%20gimbal.jpg

And also..

I scored my self a second hand Caden Camera bag for free and might sell the DJI bag. I needed a proper sling or back pack as it seems a little difficult to trek with the DJI bag.
You can find them all over ebay from 20-30AUD.. The link is a random so shop around.
Caden K1 DSLR Camera Bag Case Messenger Shoulder Bag Black for Nikon CS WS | eBay

I dry fitted and haven't field tested the bag yet..
Inside the bag is Mavic, controller, 2 additional batteries, wall charger (car charger stays in car), usb battery bank adaptor, spare props and all the cables. Its configured in 3 tiers. I am sure there are better methods..

You can strap a tripod to the base
It also has a raincoat to protect it from the elements.
Would recommend this if you are not using a pad.

Here are some pics (please refer to iPhone 5 and not the power point in the wall for size comparisons).
Caden4.jpg

Caden2.jpg

Caden5.jpg

Caden6.jpg

Reactions: voxelman
So how do you like the bag now after using it a bit?
I need a bag and this looks good, if a bit tight maybe?

Thank you in any case (no pun intended!)

I like your Gimbal Clamp hack. I was thinking of having some vinyl "Remove Before Flight" tags printed for just this purpose. Your idea won't help me yet since I'll probably fly with the protector in place until the newness wears off.

I like your Gimbal Clamp hack. I was thinking of having some vinyl "Remove Before Flight" tags printed for just this purpose. Your idea won't help me yet since I'll probably fly with the protector in place until the newness wears off.

You should do short sessions with the dome on. The dome will stop the air flow and it will get really hot and we know what hot does to 24 processors...

So how do you like the bag now after using it a bit?
I need a bag and this looks good, if a bit tight maybe?

Thank you in any case (no pun intended!)

Pun enjoyed :)

The bag is great and I cannot find any faults. Quick sling access is perfect and the size is perfect. The padded protection is great. The only draw back is you cant throw anything else in like a small jacket or lunch if you are hiking.

My other bag that I am using is the Lowpro Sling edge 250 AW. Its another sling bag.
It's bigger obviously, but has additional room. It can also slide a tablet/small laptop down the front.
The top compartment is free except for my spare my props and usb cable.

lowpro%20250%20aw%20mavic%20layout%20.jpg

Quick sling access is good.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20side%20access.jpg

Tablet/Laptop down the front.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20and%20laptop%202.jpg

I took a red sharpie and colored the inside of my gimbal guard so I can find it easier.
e9fabfbb68b7c8e6389a83cc4139f44a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Good idea..
Might colour the inside of my dome protector. Give it a new Instagram filter =)

Reactions: voxelman
You should do short sessions with the dome on. The dome will stop the air flow and it will get really hot and we know what hot does to 24 processors...

Well the temperature is below freezing here so I suspect my flights will be fairly short anyway. I'm still in beginner mode. It snowed yesterday and work had other priorities today. I probably won't get in a maiden flight until the weekend.

Pun enjoyed :)

The bag is great and I cannot find any faults. Quick sling access is perfect and the size is perfect. The padded protection is great. The only draw back is you cant throw anything else in like a small jacket or lunch if you are hiking.

My other bag that I am using is the Lowpro Sling edge 250 AW. Its another sling bag.
It's bigger obviously, but has additional room. It can also slide a tablet/small laptop down the front.
The top compartment is free except for my spare my props and usb cable.

lowpro%20250%20aw%20mavic%20layout%20.jpg

Quick sling access is good.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20side%20access.jpg

Tablet/Laptop down the front.
lowpro%20250%20aw%20and%20laptop%202.jpg
Thanks so much for the feedback. My biggest issue right now is finding the right bag.

I have been carrying it around in the box!

When transporting the maviv should you always put the gimbal clamp on?

Its advisable. Given the size and delicate nature of the gimble set-up, preventing any movement while transporting can only be a good thing.

hell yeah. It should be attached when the Mavic is off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan