DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal cover on when transferring Cine files?

kdogitis

Reactions
I just transferred some files from the Cine by just unlatching the gimbal cover to expose the USB C port. Everything worked fine but I'm wondering if there is any risk of damage by not taking the cover off, or for that matter unfolding the legs.

Is it fine to leave the cover on while transferring files?

Does the gimbal do a dance during what ever process is needed to provide the power needed to transfer the files? If so then surely the gimbal needs to be free to move and the cover shoud be off.

With regards to opening the arms, do the motors twitch during the above process?
If so do they continue to twitch whilst downloading files? If they twitch through out the entire process then I would say they need to be free to do so, whether that means opening out the arms I do not know.

I'll need to check if the gimbal does it's dance. The motors do not twitch during the process.

I dont have the M3, but for safety sake I would think removing the gimbal cover and removing the props while sitting on a desk dloading files would be prudent.
Also, was there any overheating problem with no cooling airflow like there might be with my M2P? Or is the file transfer speed so fast it only takes seconds? Inquiring minds want to know

Reactions: twickers14
One point that Arnold LeVine's post raises, what space exists beneath the drone if the legs are unopened? Would 'sitting on whatever' with the arms folded block ventilation coming out of "whatever"?

DJI seriously needs to introduce a mode to turn just the hard drive ON for transfer, without calibrating the gimbal and motors

Agreed. But doubt it could be easily retrofitted if they didn't include it in the initial design.

As for powering on, i think it is best to free it of its bondage straps just to be safe.

DJI seriously needs to introduce a mode to turn just the hard drive ON for transfer, without calibrating the gimbal and motors
And going into that state simply by plugging it in.

I hate having to unlatch the muzzle too.

For the record I've been leaving the muzzle on, but maybe that's not a great idea.

Reactions: jonatious

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu