DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal lock issue - solved.

LAF100

Reactions
Had my Mavic a few weeks now, and have noticed that the gimbal lock didn't fit snug to the gimbal to hold it as secure as I would like.

I had presumed it was my sausage fingers/lack of finesse - even watched a noob guide of how to do it - however after completing the gimbal calibration procedure (this appeared to be more thorough than I was expecting!) the lock now fits much better!

I haven't dropped/crashed/jolted the drone, and hadn't noticed any video stability issues.

Anyone else had this?

New user to MavicPilots seeking some help

I only purchased my Mavic Pro a few days ago so still very much a newbie. I am not sure if this is a rookie error or I have a problem with my camera/gimbal as I cannot fit the gimbal lock properly.

Like LAF100 I too have watched a few videos on how to install the gimbal lock but I am still struggling. The camera/gimbal seems too high and/or does not squeeze down enough to lock the cover in place.

I have no problems sliding the key of the cover over the gimbal as required, it is just when I try to push down and lock it into place that I find it will not go down far enough. If I do get it to lock into place the camera/gimbal protrude over the front of the drone and this will in turn not allow the dome cover to fit. Grrrrrrr

I hope I am doing something wrong and there is an easy fix. Can someone please explain how to do this or is there a possibility I have a problem with my camera/gimbal?

I appreciate any assistance / advice.

BC

Hi all

I fixed the gimbal lock installation problem I was having.

After receiving the following error message while doing a training flight this afternoon;

'Gimbal Vibration Error'

I came home to look up the problem and came across the following link;

This not only fixed the error problem but now allows me to fit the gimbal lock easily. Yay ! Hopefully this post will also help some other new Mavic Pro users who encounter the same problem.

BC

Reactions: Escape27
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21