DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload error

jmurray1555

Reactions
I am flying a Magic 2 enterprise and I was about 7ft off the ground and it struck a small branch and crashed. Now the gimbal will not calibrate and I’m using the smart controller. When I power everything up it says gimbal status NA. I tried to recalibrate it and it goes to 5% and stops. Any suggestions or solutions. I tried to remove the 1.5 hex screws but the tool seems not seat in the screw head. Any suggestions.

Reactions: Cafguy
They are probably Torx screws not Allen screws but sorry I don't know the size.
BTW what drone? I'd guess Mavic and not magic.

Reactions: RodPad
I tried to remove the 1.5 hex screws but the tool seems not seat in the screw head. Any suggestions.
If you mean you have the right size but the tool will not insert fully This is because as a warranty protector there is a small dab of epoxy applied to some of the screw heads- You need to remove the epoxy before the tool will seat correctly.
Also for gimble stuff- Sending it to DJI will save you some headache.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I would start by at least getting an estimate from DJI. Do you have Care Refresh?

It’s my work drone. The guy who bought them for us is no longer with us and no one knows if there is a care refresh. We have had to send one back a while back to get fixed and waiting to hear who we sent it to.

It’s my work drone. The guy who bought them for us is no longer with us and no one knows if there is a care refresh. We have had to send one back a while back to get fixed and waiting to hear who we sent it to.
DJI can look it up by SN and know if it has Care Refresh.

Go to: Profile/Settings/Device Management/Value Added Service for the chosen drone. That will indicate if Care Refresh is active. If not, DJI repair is fast and inexpensive.

If it was bought for a company I would NOT open the enterprise drone if you are not sure of any service contracts purchased with it.
You should also contact the seller directly for any service details, unless of course it was purchased from DJI directly. If so then DJI would have sent you a booklet of Enterprise service options. These drones are treated MUCH differently than consumer model drones -Send it to them!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas