DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload

You say no crash. Hard landing?

Check that your gimbal is mounted correctly, there are many videos that show how it should look. The GPS warning would be a separate issue. With multiple warnings like this, perhaps firmware a reload is in order?

You say no crash. Hard landing?

Check that your gimbal is mounted correctly, there are many videos that show how it should look. The GPS warning would be a separate issue. With multiple warnings like this, perhaps firmware a reload is in order?

Thank you,
Can you please link me a video that show the gimbal is mounted correctly?

when my mav took an unfortunate bath i got the gimbal error and i had to do the gimble calibration x2 and still got errors, on the 3rd she was good and has been good ever since

AlessandroCare - Have you performed all the calibrations? You have several different error messages. Improper gimbal placement might interfere with the gimbal motion causing a overload but will not address the vision sensors or GPS. Frankly, I am confused by the motor overload message. Since it asks if the gimbal clamp has been removed I am assuming the motor is the gimbal motor and not one of the rotors. You did remove the gimbal clamp, right?

When you turn on the Mavic the gimbal motors cycle through their full motion range. Is the gumball hitting or hanging up on anything? Is there a lens filter not fully pressed on?

yes I did all the calibrations, today I tried to fly. I turned the drone upright and the gimbal has stabilized, but in flight it moved by itself and after 5 minutes the camera turned upwards without being able to move it.
I read that it is probably the ribbon cable to change

When you turn on the Mavic the gimbal motors cycle through their full motion range. Is the gumball hitting or hanging up on anything? Is there a lens filter not fully pressed on?

no, do not do a complete cycle. it goes down and up 4 times and then stops. There is no filter.

I'm betting that your gimbal is not properly mounted under the three tabs. Most likely the back one, because people don't know about that one. It will sometimes work, other times it will give an error

I'm betting that your gimbal is not properly mounted under the three tabs. Most likely the back one, because people don't know about that one. It will sometimes work, other times it will give an error

Can you explain how to do it? maybe with a video. thank you so much

I fired my MP up today for the first time since August, and now it has the gimbal overload error. It was flying and working just fine last time I flew it 8 months ago or so. I'm not sure what has changed since it was put on the shelf all those months ago. I can't imagine that ribbon cable is bad again, I replaced it last July. There really should be some kind of internal electronic test to verify the integrity of that cable given the immense pain in the *** it is to fix. I'm still running .700 on Go4 4.1.3 like I said it's been awhile since I've had this thing turned on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu