DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal pitch question?

Dundermifflin

Reactions
To pan the camera slower and under more control I set my gimbal pitch speed to 10 and smoothness to 15, but when I move the gimbal on the controller it still moves up/down and side/side very fast. Too fast to get a proper shot without having to adjust the height of the Mavic.

Any reason why this isn't working? How do I get it to pan slower and under control?

Thanks!

There is no setting for pan speed as pan is not controllable on the gimbal.

Pan can only be controlled by yawing the aircraft, or when close to your subject, by sliding your aircraft sideways using roll.

As for pitch speed, try taking your settings down even lower.

Then as time goes on you will get good at yawing very gently.

Last edited:
I have my gimbal pitch speed / smoothness at 2 / 30 and they seem to suit my needs well.

Pan control is entirely up to with how much finess you can yaw with your left hand.

Also, tripod or cinematography mode might help too.

To pan the camera slower and under more control I set my gimbal pitch speed to 10 and smoothness to 15, but when I move the gimbal on the controller it still moves up/down and side/side very fast. Too fast to get a proper shot without having to adjust the height of the Mavic.

Any reason why this isn't working? How do I get it to pan slower and under control?

Thanks!